cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scared to buy new phone!

danaj242
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm about to buy a new phone because I want to sign up for this promo plan!

It says it ends Nov. 20th, although I'm wondering if it could end early. I don't want to buy a new phone and then not be able to get this plan.

Thanks

edit: I'm not currently with Public Mobile for anyone confused! 

6 REPLIES 6

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@boatertross wrote:

Your best bet would be to get your current phone unlocked, or see if it will work with Public mobile.  You might need a techie friend to help you out if you purchase an unlocking service online. or you can also call your current provider for a higher price. Just a suggestion!

When I unlocked my wife's S5 earlier this summer (via Mobifree, but there are tons of options out there), these were the unlock instructions:

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Insert a non-Rogers SIM card into your phone, and power it on.
- You will be prompted for the unlock code.
- Enter the code provided above.
- Your phone should be unlocked

Other phones might be more complicated, but that was it for my unlock process.

Also note:  if @danaj242 has a Rogers iPhone, the cheapest unlock option right now is to go with Rogers directly.

boatertross
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your best bet would be to get your current phone unlocked, or see if it will work with Public mobile.  You might need a techie friend to help you out if you purchase an unlocking service online. or you can also call your current provider for a higher price. Just a suggestion!

WearySky

Ending it early would get them in trouble for false advertising, I would think (though IANAL). Just get your sim and sign up on the last day, if needs be - you don't actually need the new phone in hand (do you not have an existing phone that you can use in the meantime?)

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @danaj242

If you are a new customer, you only need to order a SIM card. It will take 3 days to deliver to you. You still have enough time to do that. If you already with PM, you just need log in your self-services account to renew your plan. The promotion will exist till Nov. 20th. Thanks

sm2016
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JaK is spot on. In the mean time, you should also order your sim card

JaK

Hi @danaj242;

PM has published that this promo will run until Nov 20th, there is no reason to suspect it will end earlier than that.

Need Help? Let's chat.