cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam calls not appearing in history of calls received

Ab555642
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been receiving a lot of scam calls from unassigned area codes, 1800 numbers, as well as foreign country codes in recent weeks. I have never answered to any of them. 

However, I just checked my usage history to see the scam phone numbers and they don't appear. Where are they?

Finally, the history of usage only go back to January 1 2018. Like, it doesn't want to show me anything older than that. WTH is going on?

8 REPLIES 8

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it doesn't get recorded because you won't get charge ($ or airtime) for calls that didn't complete.

Ab555642

I think you're correct. I just called from my home line on my cell phone (and did not answer), and the usage history shows an outgoing call to my voicemail, not my home phone number.

It's so bizzare. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I believe the usage tracker only records completed calls.  Unless you answer a call, it is not a completed call.  The call log on the phone tracks all calls including missed calls.  I have received a number of calls recently as well from Albania and Estonia. 

Ab555642

I've received scam calls from the following numbers in the recent days and they do not appear on my usage history:

011 355 673283014

011 355 673283013

1 (844) 259-1006

1 (800) 333-5655

The number with country code +17 and the one from an unassigned area code, I did not keep as both only called once. I assumed I could find them in my usage history but it's not there.

Ab555642

I made a phone call to my voicemail 30 min ago to try it. And my history of usage got updated 15 minutes later.

These scam calls I have received in the last 4 weeks and they do not appear. 

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ab555642wrote:

My question is: why does those scam numbers do NOT appear in my usage history? I receive them almost every day. In the last 4 weeks, I've received phone calls with area codes from unregistered area codes, from 1(800) numbers, as well as country codes +355 and +17. None of them appear in my usage history. Why?

From my experience, the usage history does not get updated real time and has a delay, are these recent calls that were made to you that you're trying to lookup in the history? 

Ab555642

My question is: why does those scam numbers do NOT appear in my usage history? I receive them almost every day. In the last 4 weeks, I've received phone calls with area codes from unregistered area codes, from 1(800) numbers, as well as country codes +355 and +17. None of them appear in my usage history. Why?

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There could be many reasons behind why you are getting these 2800 marketing calls. Did you give your number out recently when registering for something? You can either block them or change your phone number if that is an option for you.

The phone number 4385804001 shows up as a Telus voicemail access number when I looked it up, are you sure this is not you dialing to you Public Mobile's voicemail?

Need Help? Let's chat.