cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam business by Public Mobile?

nawabbawre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Usually I would not post here, but have to as Public Mobile has no phone number and they do not reply to emails (I sent emails, waited over 48 hours, no reply).

I was trying to add balance to mya ccount by paying $30 from my credit card. When I pay, the Public Mobile website deducts money from my credit card, shows a success message, but the balance stays at zero. The Payment History page on Public Mobile site also shows successful transaction, but when I try to add a plan it says zero balance.

I have tried to pay four times, for a total of $120 using different cards. I have waited over 4 days. Account Balance still shows zero, whereas Payment History clearly shows 4 successful transactions. Public Mobile support has chosen not to reply to my emails. I have taken screenshots of the complete process, but do not want to post on this public website.

Other going to the government authorities (CRCTC, Polic), please advise what recourse I have against Public Mobile / TELUS. They keep charging my credit card, my phone is not working, and they do not reply to emails, and have no phone.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks

15 REPLIES 15

@Morris88, this thread is 29 months old.  It either got resolved, or the OP left Public Mobile.

Please note, this time period was during a really horrid month long prom that got extend for months.  Great deal (I'm still on the plan) but I signed up very early before the plan was available, so I had no activation issues.

These activation issues continue to this day.  Sadly, Telus doesn't invest in Public Mobile to fix things quickly 😞

Morris88

Did they fix you issue bro?

samanthakeizer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I dont think the person who wrote this post intended to mean that in fact PM is a scam company. I think they were just frustrated with the situation at the time. I'm sure their is a logical explanation for all of this as I've been a long time customer with PM and have had minimal issues. Sometimes they respond to emails fairly quickly and other times it takes longer but rest assured they will resolve your issue if you just have patience and wait as hard as that is. let's not think irrational based on the situation and just take a few slow breaths and wait patiently until they respond before you make decisions

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @nawabbawre

I'm truly sorry to hear about your ordeal, 

Can you please follow @Luddite suggestion and send me a detailed PM so that I can help you out?

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

HI all: port-in failure >> inaccurate data provided to new carrier OR old provider account is inactive.

Problem described suggests the account was suspended. Payments must equal plan cost, unless a new one is chosen. Suspect that as funds are added they immediately get taken to pay the current plan, so balance remains at zero. 

A moderator will sort it it due course. 🙏

@nawabbawre: to speed up response send a private message to any moderator with your phone number and a description of what has happened. Turn on email notification of private message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ChopstickHero
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Tag or private message a moderator, they will take care of your issue. To say it's a scam is out of line.

Please take a look into this: @Saray_O @Mary_M

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

OP, your post is way over the top.  To be critical of Public Mobile having a portal that has software bugs is one thing, but referring to it as a scam business of way out of line.  There is no intention here to defraud any customer whatsoever.  When contacted, the moderators will right all wrongs caused by the system without exception.  From my own personal experience, they also do a lot of little things like update the account so that the customer is not left paying for the duration with impaired service.  That is a fair and honest business in my books. 

Anxiety can sometimes cause things to be said that become tomorrow's regret.  I suggest you redact the post to preserve your own integrity within this community forum. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I hate that people throw the scam word around, it's totally ridiculous and untrue 😞

This customers issue should have been solved via email, it wasn't and that's unfortunate. @nawabbawre did you get a reply from a person or was it an automatic reply. 5 days is definitely an unacceptable wait. IMHO The mods here are much better than email support, again, just my opinion. I ask that you please give our mods a chance to fix your issue. You obviously want to be here or you would've never ordered a sim. Give us a chance, I promise, no scamming going on here, just a few bugs 🐜 🙂

Amazing how the virtue of "patience" is lost on people today, and sad how as soon as something doesn't go correctly or as it should people instantly resort to threats and assume someone is trying to scam you.

Systems have problems and glitches, happens everyday in all aspects of life.  What are you going to tell the police?  My credit card got charged to much?

@nawabbawre  Public Mobile, althought a smaller business of Telus, is just that.  A part of a huge company "Telus"  the last thing they are going to do is scam and take your money for a ride.  Be patient and do your homework next time.

@nawabbawre wrote:

Today I went to a different provider to get a different SIM. I can not port my number either, because of something else Public Mobile did. This means, I can not use the phone even if I pay Rogers/Others. This is called even more than fraud, as they have locked my number NOT to be ported (and again I can NOT reach them either). I have no phone for a week now.

My post on this public forum is to ask for advise for similar experience from other members and seek help regarding recourse when a company refuses to reply to customers.

lol what?

No Public has no way to "block" your port

BTW you keep throwing the "fraud" word around an awful lot but I suspect you do not even know what it means... there are *4* elements to fraud, all of which need to be met in a Canadian court just FYI

I suspect you will not find many "similar experiances" with Public committing fraud and blocking your port. Best of luck there.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Love how quick people start accusing Public mobile as a scam

Why didn't you post on this forum when you didn't receive a reply within 48 hours?

First thing I would have done is send a email and also post on this forum for assistance. The reply times have really improved since the fall promo disaster. I would say most looked at the same day of posting if you tag a Mod.

4 days ago was Thursday, mods were available that day, Friday and Saturday to resolve you issues.

Really hope it gets resolved for you quickly as being without a phone is really fustrating, I would not want to be in your situation.

@Shazia_K
Please assist

it is a glitch, and there is someone everyday complaining about it. If you took some time to read the topics you will find it easily. (and yes the system is full of bugs that are currently being worked on)

Now as I said above this is where the support will come from, Their agents (Moderators ) are more focused here since people ask questions and request their issues to be solved. 

There is no company that can lock your number to them, the only reasons that a port didnt happen have something to do with the account status, thats it.

Again (my personal perceptions from this ) is that you don't seem to care about any of this, to be honest you sound like you are just looking for excuses.

I could be wrong, and I apologize for that I am no here to offend anyone but if Someone already payed for a service, they will spend more time trying to find a solution instead of trying one way and call it quit. No matter where you look at the website it will say that support and issues can be posted in the community to be resolved, something you dont seem to have done at all. 

But to say it again we are in Canada the gouv wont let any campany make fake statements or fraud anyone. ITS THE LAW. 

Regarding similar situation I congratulate you, there are 2 of you that are calling PM a fraud in the last 12 hours, but never anything before in the last 3-4 years that I checked in the archive.

Last thing I truley do hope your problem gets fixed ASAP, and without delays, and after that you are free to do what ever you want, we are all free afterall. 

Best wishes zhadj030

Well, PM was under pressure from that recent Promo from Nov, the Unlim Prov-Wide, Global Txt and 12 GB for $40 per 30 day, $120 for the 90 Day, and the issues that plagued PM was daunting to say the least.

Hoping PM gets back to U soon, for it's unfortunate that U are experiencing Unsatisfactory service and Unacceptable results

nawabbawre

I did think it is a glitch 5 days ago. Then I sent email to Public Mobile, they replied saying wait 48 hours, I waited more than that. No reply. I check my spam mail. They provided no way to call them either.

Glitch is one thing, but not having an answer or solution for 5 days, and staying silent is NOT glitch. I have no phone for now.

Today I went to a different provider to get a different SIM. I can not port my number either, because of something else Public Mobile did. This means, I can not use the phone even if I pay Rogers/Others. This is called even more than fraud, as they have locked my number NOT to be ported (and again I can NOT reach them either). I have no phone for a week now.

My post on this public forum is to ask for advise for similar experience from other members and seek help regarding recourse when a company refuses to reply to customers.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

@nawabbawre What others and what authorities, Public Mobile didn't exist since yesterday to be called a scam. This seems to be your first post in the community so this is where you ae supposed to ask for help. @Shazia_K is a Moderator here and she or any other mod will help you out tommorow when they start to fix your payement issue. This is called a glitch in the system not fraud.

Need Help? Let's chat.