cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved parents 25 dollars a month!

Zissou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hiya Folks

I set my patents up with a 1 gig data plan this week. My fourth referral and a 25 dollar savings per month for them. 

Made me feel great to be helping them in a small way on their fixed income.

Remember to check your parents plans to ensure they are using the services they are paying for and not wasting money

Thanks to you all

16 REPLIES 16

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jburge wrote:

I'm going to get my family over to PM soon. They will save a lot and get more in some cases. It's nice to see not all cell providers need to overcharge.

Yeah me too! The only problem is that they're all still contracted for another year Smiley Mad

Jburge
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm going to get my family over to PM soon. They will save a lot and get more in some cases. It's nice to see not all cell providers need to overcharge.

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That’s awesome! 🙂 

My 3G data is great I haven't noticed any issues at all unless your watching HD movies or the like. In fact my home WiFi has been so bad lately my consistent mobile 3G has been much more reliable.

Salvo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a uber drive i use gps with 3g all the time with public mobile and i have no problem. At all.  !!!

jor123

3G speed should be fine for maps and navigation.

tyedye00
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Zissou wrote:

Is there any issue using GPS on the 3G network?  Anyone have a negative experience?

No issues over here either.

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

3G is more than enough for basic GPSing...Google Map

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Zissou  my wife and I use google maps for gps in the big city's and never had a problem with 3g speeds

Zissou

Is there any issue using GPS on the 3G network?  Anyone have a negative experience?

Zissou

May parents use email and GPS every now and again.  Not big data hogs!

jor123

Saving money is always good! 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Zissou wrote:

Hiya Folks

I set my patents up with a 1 gig data plan this week. My fourth referral and a 25 dollar savings per month for them. 

Made me feel great to be helping them in a small way on their fixed income.

Remember to check your parents plans to ensure they are using the services they are paying for and not wasting money

Thanks to you all

Nice when I moved my parents over I was able to save them $90 a month.  They are very happy with PM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Zissou welcome to Public Mobile. The data speed isn't too good on that plan, but for $25, it's ok.

For everything I do when away from the house, PM's 3G on LTE is perfect. Beauty is the eye of the beholder. Robot wink 

3G vs LTE info: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Share-Your-3G-Real-World-Experience/m-p...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Zissou welcome to Public Mobile. The data speed isn't too good on that plan, but for $25, it's ok.

I used the $40 plan with the 3g restriction, its fine and I even stream hockey games sometime. Unless their parents are streaming alot that plan will be fine for them.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.