cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Watch Pairing

JdmMama
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I was with Telus my watch had its own phone number with data so i could still use it if i didnt have my phone on me. Can I still do this with Public Mobile?

6 REPLIES 6

@pmmobile wrote:

@JdmMama  @computergeek541 

The idea of not having to carry a phone is interesting. I assume that it is not possible to simply put in the SIM from the phone into the watch? In this scenario, they would need to pay for both the cell phone plan and the watch plan? Thanks

That's possible if the secondary device has a sim card slot, but you'd have to keep moving the sim card from one device to the other.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JdmMama  @computergeek541 

The idea of not having to carry a phone is interesting. I assume that it is not possible to simply put in the SIM from the phone into the watch? In this scenario, they would need to pay for both the cell phone plan and the watch plan? Thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JdmMama 

If you are using eSIM with your watch at Telus, it will not work with PM because PM does not support eSIM.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@JdmMama Will it also work bluetooth? Different, but it works well for me.

Bluetooth or hotspot would work, and that would avoid the need to pay for another Public Mobile account,  but I think that @JdmMama wants to be able to use the watch but not have to also carry the phone.  I could see this, especially if someone wants to go out for a run and wants to carry less things.

@JdmMama Will it also work bluetooth? Different, but it works well for me.

@JdmMama wrote:

When I was with Telus my watch had its own phone number with data so i could still use it if i didnt have my phone on me. Can I still do this with Public Mobile?

Assuming that this watch has a sim card slot, you could use a seperate phone number for this watch. You would, however, need to pay for a seperate plan to do that.

Need Help? Let's chat.