cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 on PM

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I see Samsung S7 phones at Costco for just under $900.00 + tax, unlocked. Will I have any problem moving my PM account over to this phone or will I end up with a camera that won't phone, Smiley Sad

Will my Note II mini SIMS card be compatible.

Does anyone know of a better deal in Alberta without getting scammed.

Thanks for any input

4 REPLIES 4

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great work on my questions. That covers everything, thx for taking the time to answer.

With the words Samsung S7 in my question this post should search easy for others wondering about this new phone.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @DvAbCanEh;

To your first question of whether the S7 will work on PM's network, don't see any reason why it wouldn't. In fact, Telus and Koodo are both offering the S7, which pretty much assures that it will work for PM (as PM uses the Telus network).

Regarding compatibility of your current sim, as @DK indicates your Note II mini almost certainly takes a micro sim, whereas the S7 definitely needs a nano sim. From you registration date, you are likely already using one of PM's 3 in 1 sims, so all you should need to do is punch the nano sim form factor out of your micro sim. (That said, you may want to order a new sim anyway, just in case something goes wrong.)

As to the price, a quick scan of the Canadian telcos show them listing the S7 at $900 or more no contract, and those would be locked, so Costco's price of $890 is probably as good as you going to find for such a new phone. And, of course, the bonus is that it is already unlocked.

Hope this helps.

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would hazard a guess and say your note SIM card size is a micro where as an S7 uses a nano sim. You will either have to get the micro cut to nano or order a new 3-1 public mobile sim and make the transfer via a self serve once you receive the new one. 

Cheers

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If the SIM size is the same just move it to the Samsung. If not, order one then register it under your current self serve account. Good to go either way.

Enjoy your new phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.