cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A5: does it work with PM?

meftasadat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 2 questions:

1. My device, Samsung Galaxy A5 (UNLOCKED): is it going to work with PM? 
  2. If I order a SIM card, will I be able to test if PM works with my device, without activating a plan?

Thanks in Advance,

MS

6 REPLIES 6

Your XT1540 will definitely work on both HSPA and LTE here at Public.

Just to clarify

3G WCDMA is the BARE MINIMUM requirement for Talk, Txt and Data

LTE is essentially optional, as currently PM has NO VOLTE, ONLY the Data LTE

meftasadat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, everyone.
The device is an international version SM A500h, I checked the link, it turned out it's not gonna work with 4G LTE Network. However, I have another unlocked phone Moto G 3rd gen 540, bought from Canada which should work I guess.

Thanks again.

proplayer44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you originally buy the phone locked to a provider?  Is it an international or American phone or did you buy it from a Canadian provider.

If it was in Canada it is most likley to work with Public Mobile without issue.

If it was American you will probably be fine with Att and Tmobile phones.  It could be hit or miss with Verizon or Sprint. 

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @meftasadat;

With the A5 it depends on the sub model, the site @NDesai is quite reliable in determining if yours will work. If you do go with a 10 day plan to test, I would go with a data plan in your case, slightly more expensive but a better indicator of how well your phone will work.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

1. It depends on your model number. Check if it will work or not here: http://willmyphonework.net/

2. No, you cannot test without activating the sim. However, you can activate with the cheapest 10 days text only plan for $11 to test. 

Need Help? Let's chat.