cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP SPAMMING ME

seerdecker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm sick of your pay reminders, advertising, "unresolved complaints number" and bla bla bla. 

ALLOW ME TO OPT OUT OF YOUR SPAM.

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@seerdecker I'd have to agree with @Anonymous that the majority of your beef seems to be with Google and the Play Services ecosystem.  It's not Public Mobile's fault you don't have your apps up to date, and it's easy enough to ignore these texts even if you don't have them blocked. 

As for privacy concerns--if you're not happy with the way Google gathers info on you, maybe you should be in another ecosystem?  Apple likes to brag about iPhone's privcay strengths.  Maybe try an iPhone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@seerdecker wrote:

"ABC not PM". What the hell does that even mean?

ABC is the entity that owns Google. PM is Public Mobile.

seerdecker

"ABC not PM". What the hell does that even mean?

The point of the post was not to ask for a solution. I know there's no solution. It's a message to ask FOR THE PROBLEM GETTING FIXED by Public Mobile.

@Dunkman 

Thanks for the help. I suspect that's only for the forums. There's no such option for me.foo.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not spam. You have a definition problem. The rest of your tirade is at ABC not PM.

Jeez first world problems.

seerdecker

Yeah, sure, it's acceptable to spam me because it's only a couple spams a month. No problems there.

Let me describe the process I went through.

1) Search forums for solution to the problem. It turns out it's not possible.

2) Search for a way to disable SMS texts for my phone.

3) Moto E second generation, follow instructions online, whoops, doesn't match the menus I have.

4) It turns out that you need the new version of messenger to block SMS messages.

5) Try to login to play store. Password refused.

6) Log in to gmail. Password refused.

7) Start password recovery process. Old password matches, but Google refuses it. Send confirmation code to old email.

😎 Enter confirmation code. Pass 5 minutes wading through "new features" messages. Re-enter old password.

9) Re-enter password on phone. Login works.

10) Search for messenger app version that works.

11) Install new messenger app version.

12) Please wait, you need to update the play store to use the new messenger version.

13) App finally installed.

14) Remove old app, replace by new app.

15) Go through all the spams I've received by public mobile. Looks like "5129", "611", "100" thus far.

16) Go through menus to block all those numbers. Report the numbers as SPAM. 

17) Try to remove account from Play Store. It won't let me.

18) Search for ways to remove account in Play Store. It's possible but it'll delete everything on the phone as well.

19) Search for ways to disable Play Store. Told to go to Settings->Apps, but warned it might not work.

20) Disable Play Store from settings. Won't let me do it fully, but ask if I want to reinstall factory version.

21) Reinstall factory version of Play store. Account appears to be gone.

22) I may or may not be tracked by Google anymore. No ways to know.

Another hour lost to work around this problem and phone privacy compromised. Thanks Public Mobile! 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I believe that notification of your rights to CCTS support for unresolved matters is a legal obligation.  Why get upset over nothing?  I would be living a really charmed life if this was the greater worry for me to deal with. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@seerdecker wrote:

I'm sick of your pay reminders, advertising, "unresolved complaints number" and bla bla bla. 

ALLOW ME TO OPT OUT OF YOUR SPAM.

It's not spam. What ads? The 2 or 3 notifications around your renewal are just too much to bear?

@seerdecker 

You could also turn off mobile notifications via your community forum user settingPM Notificiation menu.JPG  

meme8484

Block the number set to spam but reply stop first 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I think if you reply stop to the and they will stop.

How many spam sms do you get. 1 reminder every 30 days and the complaint one every 3 months.

I think you could also simply block the sending number.

Need Help? Let's chat.