cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO FRUSTRATED AND DISAPPOINTED BY THIS INCOMPLETE ACTIVATION. IT'S BEEN OVER A WEEK NOW.

crawn1ck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't port a number over, I took one of the numbers that they offered. 

I have messaged MODs, wrote on their Facebook page, sent Facebook messages, email, wrote in the Community. I've done all that and still no resolve. 

I can't receive incoming calls/texts. I can send them, but not receive. Data works as well. I can only receive texts if they are on the Telus/Koodoo/Public network. When people call my number it either gives them a busy signal or a voice says, "Are you sure the number you are calling exists?"

I realize they are backlogged from the promotion, but this is a bit much. I need a solution ASAP. They have sent me a new SIM but it hasn't come yet. Not sure if that will fix anything.

6 REPLIES 6

philsam

Awesome! Glad it worked.

crawn1ck

THANK YOU!!! This worked. Now everything is working fine. 

crawn1ck

Ok, because I do have an old number that I could try and port over. It's a 416 number that is dear to my heart haha

philsam

I did although not exactly the same steps.

My problem was caused by an incomplete port. No incoming calls and incoming SMS.

I logged in to Public Mobile  MyAccount. Clicked on Plans and Add-ons > Change Phone Number.

But instead of requesting for a new number, I ported a second number that our family has. That one fixed the problem.

Hope you find a fix. In my case, mods contacted me 4 days after I sent them a private message and DM on twitter. But I had my problem fixed before then.

crawn1ck

I have not tried that. Do you know of this working for anyone else? I don't want to change it on a whim.

philsam

Did you try changing the phone number?

Log in to Public Mobile MyAccount. Click on Plans and Add-ons > Change Phone Number

No harm to try.

Need Help? Let's chat.