cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS blocked by PM?

agai11nst
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A company I use services said they sent me several SMS to my phone... I never received them all. Is Public Mobile blocking those SMS I need?

6 REPLIES 6

agai11nst

i did it like you guided but with no positive result

i tried PM 4G and PM LTE with both still no able to receive a message from Nexo (the company I need a SMS)

maybe P ublic M obile can check what is the issue or I will have to drop off and choose another carrier?

agai11nst

no i havent blocked anyone

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GR wrote:

@agai11nst  some certain sms don't work with public mobile for some reason. There's a long list somewhere floating around with all the sms codes that do work. I'm sure someone will post the link to it shortly! 

I think this is it? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi...

Pretty old post though so I'm not sure if it's out of date.

zebios

When you have trouble sending or receiving SMS, it's possible to "force" the change of your SMS settings to solve the issue.

• Go to Settings

• Then go to Mobile networks and select a network other than Public Mobile, Telus, or Koodo

• When you exit the menu the phone should lose the network.

• Repeat the process and select Public Mobile as your mobile network.

This procedure will force the update of the message centre number. You can verify it in your message settings.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@agai11nst  some certain sms don't work with public mobile for some reason. There's a long list somewhere floating around with all the sms codes that do work. I'm sure someone will post the link to it shortly! 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you maybe block them by accident. Depending on messages app you use you should be able to find blocked list on your settings.

Did you port recently?

If it persists you could check with moderators

Need Help? Let's chat.