cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS/TEXT validation codes not arriving. Facebook.

jewelscatchew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For a few different things that I have signed up for, they ask (or require) that I supply my phone number so that they can text me a verification code to activate the app/program. This is generally for added security, or to ensure that you're a real person etc. (Google/Twitter/Instagram....)

A prime example is when I am asked to change my phone number for FACEBOOK. I have tried time and time again to update my new number, and they continue to send me a "Verification Code" via SMS. It never arrives. NEVER. 

Is this an issue with Public Mobile? Or is this a Facebook error?

15 REPLIES 15

dwilly

anyone know how to receive these security sms codes, it says its sent to my cell phone but it never sends, i havent been able to log into facebook for 3 weeks......im with sasktel, ive tried sending text to the sasktel facebook number 32665 but nohting, ive tried emailing and nothing.....

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dan79 I can't help with this isuse specifically, except that there is a better way than using SMS for 2FA.  Wherever possible, I suggest you use Google Authenticator codes instead of 2FA.  But to extend that, I don't recommend Google Authenticator app, but actually highly recommend you check out Authy. 

It's available on Andorid, on iOS, on Windows, on MacOS, and as a Chrome app -- download links are here: https://authy.com/download/.  It allows you to sync your codes across multiple devices using encrypted backups.  It's pretty much the bee's knees, especially if you use more than 1 device (Google Authenticator app doesn't handle that well) and it's easy to change to a new device if you upgrade or lose your phone, etc.  It's just better. 

Check out:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dan79

Hi i cannot Facebook validation  codes  either. Plz help

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for sharing @Walabar, we'll look into it!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Walabar

I can confirm I have a similar problem - I cannot authenticate with texting F to 32665. I ported my number to Public mobile last month.

Perhaps it's Facebook's problem? 'Public Mobile' is not in their drop-down menu. Public mobile should check this out to confirm.

hslmdjim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a similar issue when I ported from Fido. Except it was a couple of my bank notifications not working. Unfortunately, after speaking to an agent at the bank's online banking department, they couldn't figure out why. But about a week later, it started sending me notifications again. If the mods can't help resolve the issue, I'd wait about a week and see if it works again. I can receive notifications from facebook on a PM number so it definitely does work.

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jewelscatchew wrote:

It is a brand new number, and Facebook even recognizes it on the app. It even gives me a message at the top of my FEED saying "Is xxx-686-xxx your phone number? Validate now to keep your account safe and secure" blah blah blah. 

So I really have no idea why it won't send me an SMS. 

Contact the Moderators, they are happy to help!

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

jewelscatchew

It is a brand new number, and Facebook even recognizes it on the app. It even gives me a message at the top of my FEED saying "Is xxx-686-xxx your phone number? Validate now to keep your account safe and secure" blah blah blah. 

So I really have no idea why it won't send me an SMS. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Can you send me your phone number by private message? I'll take a deeper look into it @echf

Thank you 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

echf

echf

@Mary_M

Thanks for replay. I checked my inbox and spam but I find no email from PM other than the confirmation email. 

My question is: 

I tried to text to 32665 (Facebook Number) but no respond. Can you make sure my message correctly sent to 32665, and my number wasn't blocked to receive/send message to Facebook? Which number should I text to? 

Copy and paste from Facebook:

Shortcodes by country:
  • Rogers: 32665 (FBOOK)
  • Bell Mobility: 32665 (FBOOK)
  • koodo: 32665 (FBOOK)
  • Mobilicity: FBOOK (32665)
  • Chat'r: 32665 (FBOOK)
  • Fido: FBOOK (32665)
  • WIND Mobile: FBOOK (32665)
  • Videotron: FBOOK (32665)
  • Virgin Mobile Canada: 32665 (FBOOK)
  • SaskTel: 32665 (FBOOK)
  • MTS: 32665 (FBOOK)

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @echf,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

This shouldn't be an issue on PM's end - as long as you're providing the right phone number, you should get the text. Can you make sure to check your spam/junk folder for our e-care support reply.

Please let me know if you still need help 🙂

Mary

echf

Same problem here! I guess there is a problem between Public Mobile network and Facebook system. Facebook seems not recognizing Public Mobile's number. I submitted a report to Facebook but no respond yet.

@Shazia_K Could moderator help us to solve this problem? I sent a email to PM on Feb 12 but still no respond 😞

Yup, If your Cell # is not the same, then that is why

If so, then try resetting it up

So far, I have Twitter, FB, and a few things and I receive Txt Alerts from theme 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Does this same phone number works with facebook before? 

Or it just suddenly not working recently. 

It depends on what number facebook is sending to, their system is quite reliable.  It is probably something else. 

Maybe you can try another phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.