cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS Calls and data randomly stopped working this morning

michaelf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent

I haven't been able to make any calls send any sms or use any data this morning.

The top bar shows that I'm connected to public mobile and that I have a 4G connection but it doesnt work.

I've already tried rebooting my phone, verifying my apn settings are correct, and making sure there wasnt any issues with my account. When I try to call it says my call can't be completed call *611 which is useless.

I have not ported my phone from other carriers nor have i switched phones, I've been with public mobile for 2 years and this is the first time I've encountered this issue.

Is there anyone that can help me with this? Its quite urgent I get connected again.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustinJMason, if it is happening on 2 different phones with different OSs, and assuming you have a texting plan (IOS iMessage doesn't really count as texting - technically), then you need to get in touch with the moderator team.  Unfortunately, it could be a few days until they get back to you.  Any chance you were in the US lately and purchased a US roaming package?  That usually causes problems with texting when you get back.  It normally clears up within a day or so.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustinJMason wrote:

I wish that was the case, it was doing the same thing this morning in my Android I switched tothe iPhone hoping for a change but none

Seems you get to enjoy the pleasure of waiting for a reply back from the mods. I guess you need to get in the queue.

I found something about the SMSC number. Maybe yours isn't right. I'm not sure what it is and how/where to change it though.

Did you try the $1 trick I suggested in your prior thread? ...shrug

JustinJMason
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wish that was the case, it was doing the same thing this morning in my Android I switched tothe iPhone hoping for a change but none

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustinJMason wrote:

No apps just the stock messenger and iOS 11

Ah. There we go. iMessage is screwin' with ya. I seem to recall a setting for it to use SMS and not iMessage. But I'm not an Apple guy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know much about IOS messaging, except that Apple routs picture messages through iMessage, which runs on the data signal.

JustinJMason

No apps just the stock messenger and iOS 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustinJMason, What app(s) are you using for SMS and picture messaging, and what OS are you on?

JustinJMason

I can’t send or receive and text messages but picture messaging is working and data and calls are working, any help would be appreciated

michaelf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After contacting a moderator they said it was a problem with my account not being properly renewed which was why my services were suspended. The mod was able to fix this issue.

Thanks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Is the phone intermittently disconnecting from the network.  You need to troubleshoot a little bit before seeking moderator help.  If the problem is on the customer end, there's little the moderator team can do.  Connectivity issues is invariably a phone issue.  Network outages are rare and would be reported by many customers.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You should send a private message to the Moderator_Team for assistance.  Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address and phone number.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.