cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIMS card no mobile data worikng since August 1st

mariobriggs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Since august first I have no access with my mobile data. I have tried every with the settings. I have switch my sims card with my wife's card, and my sims card does not work in wher phone neither, however hers works great in my phone. Anyone can help me troubleshoot the sims card or  can I receive download push to get back my sims card working properly again.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

mariobriggs

orry my mistake. Home Wifi was on, Still no mobile data working. The lost-stolen trick did not work.

mariobriggs

Thank you everyone, just cancel my new sims card order. The lost-stolen trick worked. thx

mariobriggs

Well just order another sims card, we will see in 3 to 7 days. If it works then, public mobile will need to provide me with a credit for not provided me my data mobile service.

Thx

@mariobriggsAs a last ditch effort try the Lost / Stolen & Found trick.. if that's not working.. then contact the moderators is the only solution.

mariobriggs

Hi everyone, appreciate all the support. Let me try this again. Not a setting issue nor not enough data issue. This is a sims issue. I have switch my sims with my wife's ( she is also with Public Mobile) and my cell work great and when I installed my sims in her phone, same issus, no mobile data. Therefore troubleshoot conclusion is sims card and not settings etc, issue.

mariobriggs

Were are both with public mobile and have enough data. 

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@mariobriggs if voice and text are still working, you probably ran out of data.

@zero_gravity 

You are correct that nothing is confirmed yet.

If his wife is indeed with another provider, then you are likely right.

We are all here to help. That is the point of this forum.

zero_gravity

I completely disagree. We have not yet ruled out the phone on an android bug or APN settings. Some phones seem to take care of the settings automatically while others do not. My old one was Android 6 and I had to add manually. Later I rooted it and put a custom 8.1 ROM on it, picked it up auto. My new phone does PM data settings automatically as well. When on 6, my phone would do bell auto. I have no idea why this is, but that is besides the point. 

Last night I had to factory reset the wife's phone to get data working. Network reset didn't help. 

Hi @zero_gravity In this case, it looks like his wife's PM SIM card works on his phone. So his phone should be fine. The problem then lies with his SIM or his account.

zero_gravity

Check the APN settings. There's a lot of posts on this. Often the settings must be entered manually.

Stuff happens too. I just got the wife on PM and we had to do a factory reset to get data working. Common on the LG G4

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@mariobriggs wrote:

Hi everyone,

Since august first I have no access with my mobile data. I have tried every with the settings. I have switch my sims card with my wife's card, and my sims card does not work in wher phone neither, however hers works great in my phone. Anyone can help me troubleshoot the sims card or  can I receive download push to get back my sims card working properly again.

Thank you

Hi @mariobriggs 

I am assuming your wife is also with Public Mobile.

Your text and calls are working?

You can try the lost stolen phone trick to see if that fixes the issue.

Logon to your Self-serve account. Report your phone as lost/stolen. Wait 5 minutes. Report your phone as found. Reboot your phone.

If this doesn't work, you'll need to contact Moderator. Patience... response time varies up to 2+ days.

Need Help? Let's chat.