cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

cobraGT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a SIM card at Walmart and buddy set up my account. I can't log in. And my SIM card doesn't work. Help??

23 REPLIES 23

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was wondering if the Walmart rep had some mistake to activate your SIM. If you already contacted moderator to help, please relax to wait until hear from them.

@cobraGT wrote:

I can't even log into PM with the email I provided. 

@cobraGT wrote:

I put in my old SIM card and the phone recognizes it. But this PM one isn't recognized. 

If you have another phone, perhaps you can try the PM SIM card on it.

cobraGT

I can't even log into PM with the email I provided. 

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Looks like its bad sim card after all these tries and replies.

cobraGT

I put in my old SIM card and the phone recognizes it. But this PM one isn't recognized. 

@cobraGT wrote:

It says my email is invalid. What if I don't have a working phone? 

Try to get your phone to work or make sure the SIM is faulty before contacting Moderators.

Did you try any of the suggestions mentioned?

Do you have another phone to try the SIM card?

cobraGT

I sent them a ticket. Thanks for your help 

@cobraGT 

@cobraGT wrote:

If your plan was not set up properly, you will need to contact moderator to help fix this issue.  Moderators are PM employees who can fix account/plan problems.  You will need to submit a ticket to get moderator help.

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

cobraGT

@cobraGT wrote:

Yes I've tried restarting my phone. Reinserting the pin. I have my receipts and everything showing I purchased it. But it's like I'm not in the system 

What does it say when you try to login your self-serve account?

If the Walmart guy activated in-store, then your online account has not been created yet.

You would need to register here to create your self-servce account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/
but this also requires a working phone to receive the text message.

cobraGT

Yes I've tried restarting my phone. Reinserting the pin. I have my receipts and everything showing I purchased it. But it's like I'm not in the system 

@cobraGT 

You could return to Walmart to see whether the guy can help, especially if you are not comfortable troubleshooting first.  But, Walmart reps are not Public mobile employees and may not be able to fix the problem.

Did you try the various suggestions as offered in previous thread?  Ie. rebooting phone, remove and re-inserting SIM card, etc

Only way to directly contact PM employee/moderator is via the ticketing system as described above.  

cobraGT

I appreciate your help. But I can't even log into my account. Do you think I should go back to Walmart and ask what the guy did wrong? 

@cobraGT wrote:

It's a iPhone 6s+. It just says "no sim" 

@cobraGT 

Maybe try the SIM card in another phone. Helps determine whether hardware set up issue versus PM service problem.  

If PM service problem, you may need to contact moderator.  Might be account provision issue.

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

@cobraGT wrote:

Make sure the SIM card is inserted properly.

If the SIM is not snug in your phone, you can try affixing a piece of tape onto the back of the SIM card.

cobraGT

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@cobraGT 

What phone are you using? Did you check whether its compatible with PM or if its locked by the original provider.

Did you try inserting the SIM card and restarting your phone?

What does it say on your phone?

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cobraGT wrote:

I got a new number. And by buddy I mean the guy at Walmart 

i stand corrected, should have been more clear 😛

@cobraGT 

Thanks for the additional information.

The PIN number is important to give to moderator (PM employee) to verify you are the owner of the account.  

What happens when you put the SIM card in the phone?  Which model phone? 

If Walmart rep opened the account, you need to register for self service account, but you do need an active phone to receive the confirmation text.  

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

cobraGT

The guy at Walmart gave me a PIN number as well. What do I do with that?

cobraGT

I got a new number. And by buddy I mean the guy at Walmart 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

@cobraGT 

More details would be helpful.  Did the Walmart rep set up the account?  Did you port your number over?

If the Walmart rep set up the account, you will need to set up your own self service account.

For one thing, the OP stated his friend set up his account, not the Walmart reps.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@cobraGT 

More details would be helpful.  Did the Walmart rep set up the account?  Did you port your number over?

If the Walmart rep set up the account, you will need to set up your own self service account.

Need Help? Let's chat.