cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card question.

JKAAAAA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, if I leave my Public Mobile SIM card out of my iPhone 5 for a while, will the messages I recieve while the SIM is out appear once I put it back into my phone?

11 REPLIES 11

Martin
Legend
Legend
Cyber,

That's good to know as a baseline, assuming that your experience wasn't an exception.

Thank you for informing me of that.

@JKAAAAA,

@Martin,

I had a mobile phone from Rogers that I didn't turn ON for two weeks.

I received all my text message when I turned ON my phone after two weeks of inactivity.

Martin
Legend
Legend
JKAAAAA,

I sent you a private message yesterday. According to a googled source, the amount of time in the cloud is "unclear".

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend
This is another test. No action is required.

Martin
Legend
Legend
This is to test for a glitch. No action is required by anyone.

JKAAAAA

It's been over three weeks 'till my sim has been inserted! However, I know for a fact someone sent me a text message today, and I was wondering how long it would be until that message would not appear when I put my sim back into my phone. Thanks in advance.

@JKAAAAA,

How many days you are referring when you say "for a while" ?

If someone is sending you a couple of SMS while your SIM card is not inserted in your phone, your text will be held in the cloud for a couple of day.

If you insert your SIM card four days later, you will receive all your texts who was pending to be delivered.

For sure, there is a time limit on how long your texts will be stored in the clouds.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi!

Since it's text messages that are of concern to you, I need to be 100% certain that my reply is correct.

As explained earlier, your question does not fall within my area of expertise.

I hope that you will not have to wait too long before receiving an informed reply to your question.

Cheers.

JKAAAAA

Thanks so much Martin, but I'm specifically wondering about text messages.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

If you plan on dialing your own number from another phone, press * once your outgoing announcement starts. You will then be prompted for your voicemail password.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you are referring to voice mail, the answer is "yes". You can still access them while your phone is SIM-free. Dial your number from another phone, and follow the prompts until you access your messages. Remember that new or saved messages are deleted after 10 days.

If you were referring to text messages, I will leave that to another responder to reply, as your question does not fall within my area of expertise.

Cheers.
Need Help? Let's chat.