cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not working keeps displaying no service or invalid sim

Ryleebains
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The service keeps on cutting out on my phone . Saying no service or invalid sim , it will only work randomly threw out the day when it wants . I thought it was my phone so I got a new phone. And the same thing is continuing to happen so it has to be my SIM card . I got a iPhone 6 and checked if it was compatible with public mobile and it was but for some reason when I put   In my SIM card it says sim not supported . I don’t know what to do nothing is working and I’m getting no answers online .

7 REPLIES 7

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Based on your test alone, I'd concur the SIM is most likely at fault.  Cleaning the contacts to remove any fingerprints or other contaminants might help, and I've even found that removing the SIM card and re-inserting may help (even though there's no visible/tactile "play", it seems maybe it isn't seated well within the tray?).

Based on my previous experience of seeing intermittent/inexplicable "No Service" in the past, I would have isolated the issue to the phone (in my case it was a defective phone which I purchased on eBay and ultimately returned to the seller).  But the fact that you're seeing this on 2 phones does sway the conclusion to being the SIM card.  I'd say your testing is sound and on the right track...

@Ryleebains wrote:

The first phone was iPhone 5 this phone is iPhone 6s I checked if it was compatablebwith public mobile and it says it was

095DB754-7D37-44A2-9206-092B56070193.jpeg

Not sure how this post answers your question,and this is frowned upon to mark your own post as a solution unless it really does solve the issue.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Ryleebains wrote:

Thanks but I didn’t get it wet I will try a new sim tmrw 

I can ensure you the 5s and 6s work fine on PM. If it does work randomly I am doubtful it is a locked phone problem. Locked phones generally show invalid sim constantly. As suggested try a new sim or if you know someone with a PM sim you could test in your phones. I would do that first.

Ryleebains

Thanks but I didn’t get it wet I will try a new sim tmrw 

Ryleebains

The first phone was iPhone 5 this phone is iPhone 6s I checked if it was compatablebwith public mobile and it says it was

095DB754-7D37-44A2-9206-092B56070193.jpeg

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Ryleebains wrote:

The service keeps on cutting out on my phone . Saying no service or invalid sim , it will only work randomly threw out the day when it wants . I thought it was my phone so I got a new phone. And the same thing is continuing to happen so it has to be my SIM card . I got a iPhone 6 and checked if it was compatible with public mobile and it was but for some reason when I put   In my SIM card it says sim not supported . I don’t know what to do nothing is working and I’m getting no answers online .

What was the first phone you were having issues with?  Do you have a SIM from another provider that you can try in that phone to rule out a hardware issue.  As for the iPhone as stated already it seems to be locked and you will need to get it unlocked from the previous carrier.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ryleebains wrote:

iPhone "sim not supported" message means your iPhone is locked to your previous carrier?

Call them tomorrow moring to get it unlocked.

Which network were you use your iPhone on?

Need Help? Let's chat.