cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card no longer working

Mitch8801
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve had public mobile for a couple months now and ever since 2 weeks ago I have been getting invalid sim alerts every so often and I would restart my phone to fix it. Now it is completely no longer working. 

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how to fix

7 REPLIES 7

campq24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What does the error message say? Does it have say no SIM card?

@Mitch8801I recommend you take it to an Apple Store and let the Genius Bar to take a look at it, it sounds like a hardware issue with the SIM slot or tray.

Mitch8801

It’s actually a iPhone X. I’ll give another phone a shot 

Mitch8801

I’ll try another phone, it’s a iPhone X 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mitch8801 wrote:

I’ve had public mobile for a couple months now and ever since 2 weeks ago I have been getting invalid sim alerts every so often and I would restart my phone to fix it. Now it is completely no longer working. 

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how to fix

@Mitch8801  That sounds like a possible hardware issue with your device or sim tray. Do you have another phone you can test your sim card with? It's highly unlikely that sim cards go bad so you need to determine if it's a phone issue or a card issue.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

A few more things.

By chance is it an LG phone? lG phones sometimes have issues..you might need to do a network reset.

Also do you have old phone lying around or a friend's phone  to put your sim in to see if issues still happen? 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What kind of phone do you have?

Have you tried taking sim card out and cleaning the contacts?

Need Help? Let's chat.