cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card activation prbolem

maksatus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I purchased and activated a SIM card 3 hours ahor, and transfered my number from Telus. SIM card still shows rouming and displays both providers Public Mobile|Telus. I am using Xiaomi Redmi 6. Can you help and advise? thank you 

7 REPLIES 7

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi. I have seen ports take 2 min to hours. 

Did you re-boot your phone? 

You may have to manually set up your APN  to get data working. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Himanshu1 wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that porting from 1 provider to another usually takes 2-3 business days 

So, I think the best bet could be waiting for some time 

For wireless carriers, that should be hours. Transfers from landlines and VoIP ussually take longer.

For sister brands, it is virtually instantaneous.  99.9 out of 100, this port has failed.

@Himanshu1 wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that porting from 1 provider to another usually takes 2-3 business days 

For wireless carriers, that should be hours. Transfers from landlines and VoIP ussually take longer.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@maksatus , the redmi 6 is a dual SIM phone.  By change do you have both SIM cards in the phone at the same time?  If the porting has not completed, then both services could be working side by side.  In any event, a Telus port to Public Mobile should take a few minutes.  There is a possibility of a failed port.  To correct a failed port, you will need moderator team assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

@Himanshu1It depends on which and what kind of provider. The longest are VOIP (sometimes you need written forms), then fixed lines (a few days), wireless carriers should be under a few hours.

Himanshu1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@maksatusYou just need to be patient for the process to finish. Do watch out for SMS from either Telus or Public Mobile in case your porting has failed.

You should get this message from Public Mobile when everything is successful.

IMG_0001.PNG

Need Help? Let's chat.