cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM/account not working

angelakinder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went away to Europe for about a week and when I came back, my SIM would not connect to the network. I tried it in another phone and it didn't work either, I did get my phone a bit wet when I was away so I figured I broke the SIM. I ordered another one, activated it, and tried it in both phones and it still doesn't work. I restarted both phones when inserting the SIMs. My account is paid up and I don't see anything amiss there.

22 REPLIES 22

@Santimolthomas wrote:

If do cancel the plan would be able to get the money back?

As a customer, your surely see the benefits of being with PM. If it s not convenient for them to be on the community we can still assist through your community account, it may just take longer to fix the issue.

So far as getting refunds ,prepay does not normally issue refunds.

Santimolthomas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If do cancel the plan would be able to get the money back?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Santimolthomas wrote:

I recommend one of friend to take public mobile and before activating the sim , I did check the IMEI number , sayers that friend phone work with public 

now it’s not working already paid the one month service charges 

please help

thank you

Check willmyphonework.net. The IMEI checker really only looks to see if the phone is blacklisted.

What all has been done? Was the whole sign-up successful and now just the phone won't work?

@Santimolthomas wrote:

I recommend one of friend to take public mobile and before activating the sim , I did check the IMEI number , sayers that friend phone work with public 

please help

thank you

Hi, sorry your friend is having issues. 

What I recommend is for your friend to sign up for the community with the same email they used to activate the sim. This will work regardless of account status. Also recommend they start a new topic as this one is already selected as solved and will not get much attention.

Go to Community, at the bottom choose the best category that represents your situation (Not Knowledge Base), click orange target at top "Start a Topic".
Please include as much information as you can about your situation.

Santimolthomas

please help

thank you

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Santimolthomas

Could be for numerous reasons..I suggest looking through the Getting started threads..lots of info there

Santimolthomas

Hello , my new sim is not working 

angelakinder

Yes, I'll try that. luckily my contacts and photos are already synced with google. If that doesn't work, off to the repair shop I go..

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@angelakinder you've already tried a network reset without success, right?  I hate to say it, but your next step is probably a factory reset.  Make sure you back up anything you want to keep [Photos, contacts, text messages, etc.] that you don't already have backed up or synced to a cloud service before you do so.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@angelakinder wrote:

Will do, definitely not a SIM issue, tried it in my mom's phone and it worked, but hers didn't work on mine. Thanks.

@angelakinder oh....wait.   No okay then there's nothing wrong with your account or SIM.  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

angelakinder

Will do, definitely not a SIM issue, tried it in my mom's phone and it worked, but hers didn't work on mine. Thanks.

srlawren

@angelakinder wrote:

I meant to write this in the OP but missed it, my mom gave me her old Samsung S to try, and neither sim works in there either. 

@angelakinder definitely sounding like an account/system gltich rather than a phone issue.  If you haven't already private messaged the moderator team, please do so right away to get into the queue.  Response time seems to be 48-72 hours lately due to backlog, so get in the queue right away.

angelakinder

I meant to write this in the OP but missed it, my mom gave me her old Samsung S to try, and neither sim works in there either. 

islandgirl747

The Public Moble sim card didn't work in my Iphone 4 and so I got a Samsung J3 prime and in worked just fine. I'm not big on upgrading phones either. My husband is still using our LG phone from 6 years ago with a sim from our old provider.  Just suggesting the hardware could be the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@islandgirl747 wrote:

It might be a hardware issue. Best to try it in another phone. May be time for an upgrade. 

My Blackberry is from 2013. Works perfectly fine here. I don't need upgrading.

And no it's not a flip-phone! 🙂

(I know you're not talking to me...just not necessary to upgrade ones phones so frequently)

islandgirl747

It might be a hardware issue. Best to try it in another phone. May be time for an upgrade. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I highly doubt the SIM card is the problem.  It is rather mysterious that the account is active and in good standing while the phone will not connect.  By chance is the phone manually selected to connect to a particular network instead of auto network connection? 

Probably sim issue.   Try a working sim on your phone and see what happens.

angelakinder

Not sure yet, I've only tried the two so far since I just got the new SIM today. If I don't figure out the problem I'll try and borrow someone's to test.

@angelakinder wrote:

Thanks, I tried that just now, did not fix the problem.

Deos any other working sim work in your phones? 

angelakinder

Thanks, I tried that just now, did not fix the problem.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@angelakinder

You may want to try a network reset on your phone.  Make sure that on your self service account, your plan is active also....

Need Help? Let's chat.