cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Failure

maaji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Has anyone recently had problems with their SIM? For some reason, I'm getting a message 'SIM Failure' and have to reboot my iPhone. I also checked to make sure that my phone is properly put in.

I haven't had any problems with it so far but it's been 2 days since the problem began.
8 REPLIES 8

cddude

Success - a new SIM card did the trick. Worked as soon as I updated it in my profile.

Still weird though that the SIM died right after the number port, maybe a coincidence, maybe not. 

maaji

@cddude I haven't had the issue since the last time so I guess the SIM is okay so I had no need to switch the SIM.. If you switch the SIM, it wont affect the plan.

Oh, I did clean the SIM tray and area with air can duster just in case.

cddude

@maaji, did everything work with a new sim? is it going to screw up my plan?

I'm getting the same error after porting the number over, "Sim Failure", "Invalid Sim". 

Everything worked perfectly for a couple days before I ported the number. The port seemed successful for about 2 hours (correct number, Fido account inactivated, call, text, data... all worked).

Then nothing, restarted and getting the same error since. Same issue on S4, S7 and 6S. Another PM SIM works with now issue. 

Messaged mods (@Saray_O), no response for over 48 hours, also submited support request (#4922-7244) - also nothing. 

maaji

Yeah, I do have a couple already but just wanted to know if anyone else had that issue or if was just me. But I guess it was a minor issue but all is good now.

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@fktw

Yes. $5 plus tax. Free expedited shipping.

fktw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@cheeseburger, is PM still charging for sim cards? 

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like a damaged SIM.

Order a few spare SIMs to minimize downtime.

This has the added bonus of easy referrals for any future promotions.

fktw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@maaji, you could have a damaged sim.  Check this page out for debugging solutions. 

https://www.technobezz.com/iphone-says-no-sim-card-installed-invalid-sim-sim-card-failure/

Need Help? Let's chat.