cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Refunds?

JAtlas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm new and just signed up. A freind referred me and said that when he had signed up and activated his card/account, he was able to get a refund on the charges for the SIM card. Is there any way for me to get that refund, or am I just dreaming of good ol' days I wasn't there for? Thanks.

P.S. Do I get any kind of specail reward for being referred by a friend? I know he gets a reward, but it'd be nice for me too. Although, being here is already far better than my previous provider. Thanks again, and hi y'all!

6 REPLIES 6

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JAtlas i would actually recommend buying a spare sim card, many people on the forums have an extra one on hand to sell/give to a friend for a referral, or in case something happens lost /stolen phone or sim issues.  

That way you are not waiting 2-3 days for a Sim to arrive, since there is no store. It's a 5$ piece of mind I believe every PM user should invest in.

JAtlas

Okay, thanks for the quick reply and thanks for letting me know. It's good to be here

Hi @UDP7 @JAtlas

During the summer we were refunding the shipping charges during what could have been a work disruption between Canada Post and their employees. During this period we offered a refund of the courier charges ($10) for shipping SIM cards. That period has ended and so we no longer refund customers (shipping is now free & SIM card cost is $5).

Hope that answers your question (and welcome to Public Mobile!)

DJ

dearmusic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@UDP7 wrote:

Why would you be entitled to get a refund if you're about to use the service. Did something happen?

He's talking about the SIM card.

No, that thing was over a while ago. You dont get your SIM card refund anymore.

>Here, have a read<

JAtlas

Hi, thanks for the response, but it's not a matter of entitlement. It's a simple question. I've been told people used to get money back for the SIM card after they've signed up and activated and paid for their account and was wondering if that was still a thing.

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why would you be entitled to get a refund if you're about to use the service. Did something happen?

Need Help? Let's chat.