cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Locations

vasilicaj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone know where I can buy the sim card in Winnipeg? 

11 REPLIES 11

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dennchipp wrote:

Wow Mobile wouldn't give let me buy a SIM without activation - heard of this situation before?

I would just order a sim card online.  Unless you are in a hurry for the sim card, I don't see any advantage to buying the sim card there and then taking it home to activate.

Exactly. I ordered a pair and they arrived 3 days later in my mailbox

@dennchipp wrote:

Wow Mobile wouldn't give let me buy a SIM without activation - heard of this situation before?

I would just order a sim card online.  Unless you are in a hurry for the sim card, I don't see any advantage to buying the sim card there and then taking it home to activate.

@dennchipp wrote:

Yes not so often but I have heard here too. You can write a message to the moderator and let them know where when and what happened here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 .

dennchipp

Lag333
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I find that the london drugs is never really busy and has sim cards. They are also the best at the advertisements for public mobile, it's scattered all over the electronics department. Not sure about winnipeg though but it should be same across all the stores. WOW wouldn't even activate for me and told me to go to london drugs. Walmart I find is hit and miss, it's like they don't train their mobile staff properly.

@Anonymous wrote:

@vasilicaj wrote:

Walmart, London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will all sell you a SIM. Some stores can do activations otherwise you do it online. There are no Public Mobile stores. You can order a SIM from them online though and wait for it in the mail.

Of the stores listed above, Wal-Mart and the Mobile Shop have been advertised as 'some' locations.  The others I've not heard or read (that I recall) a limitation.

For sure you can phone to those places and ask..I did it @vasilicaj

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vasilicaj wrote:

@Anonymous @Lieux Do you know for sure that all of these locations will carry the SIM card? I don't want to go to the location and they do not have the sim. Did you buy the sim in winnipe

Those are the stores that sell PM SIM's. Some may require activation in store which really shouldn't be allowed. So you just go in and ask for a replacement and don't get into a conversation.

Can't guarantee anything about stock.

vasilicaj

@Anonymous @Lieux Do you know for sure that all of these locations will carry the SIM card? I don't want to go to the location and they do not have the sim. Did you buy the sim in winnipeg

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

In walmart and wow mobile shop in a mail center... @vasilicaj. It's pretty easy to find one Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vasilicaj wrote:

Walmart, London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will all sell you a SIM. Some stores can do activations otherwise you do it online. There are no Public Mobile stores. You can order a SIM from them online though and wait for it in the mail.

Need Help? Let's chat.