cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CARD AND ACCOUNT ACTIVATION FAILED, YET CHARGED $135. CANNOT SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT

Leena_sachdev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to activate my sim card and open an account yesterday. After completing all the steps and making the payment, I got an error stating that the activation request has failed but my payment went through and i have been charged $135. Now i dont even know my account is created or not and should I try making a new account but I dont want to be charged again. Also the time for promotion will be over. Please help me with this. I also tried transferring my existing number which is from wind to public mobile but that didnt happen aswell. My phone was already unlocked so i just tried to transfer my number but it never happened. Please MODERATORS look into this matter soon. I have other people too in my house who want to shift on public mobile, i also got the sim cards but what ever problems are happeing with my account, i cant take risk of paying money for no reason. Please respond.15139510_10154146936621482_371817540_n_Ink_LI.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

Mohaly
Thank you my sim and account have been activated few days ago

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Mohaly  @Ccardoner

First thing to note: if you were porting, try the old SIM (from the other provider). It may still work due to the failed port. If it does, keep using it for now so that you have service.

Based on this page, you may be able to kick start things without a Mod (see the Definitions section, Failed Activation).

Self Registration (after waiting 24 hours; credit card charged) requires knowing the phone number (either the port-in number, or the assigned number if picking a new one).

If you have the phone number, go to the My Account sign-in page at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/  

Instead of signing in, click "Create" to self register. First item asked for is the phone number. For more details on the Self Registeration process, see this post (it references port-in, but self registration can work for new numbers too).

Mods can go further without the phone number of a failed activation (e.g. with the SIM numbers). If you have partial server, or if you're still stuck after trying self registration, private message a Mod with the required details.

Hopefully the Self-Registration path works works. Otherwise it's private message and wait... They are making progress on that huge backlog. Hang in there.

djv
They will definitely contact you and will fix the issue. Only the matter of time. @Mary_M just fixed my issue. Usually they Will give you three months from the day they fix it.

Ccardoner

i am still waiting for a mod to contact me 😞

Mohaly

I got the exact same message

jptcooney
Same issue as well (registration failed, but was charged anyway). Waiting for response from mod (four days now for me), but my understanding is that they are completely swamped with inquiries. I'm confident that when they do eventually get to our issues in their queue, they'll make things right (adjust billing period accordingly, etc)

djv
I am on day 5 with no response. Same scenario 😞

Ccardoner

hello, did you receive a solution from the mod?

I have the same issue but nobody has contacted me yet....

This is so frustrating...

Cristina

Lkjh1234

Ccardoner

Hi I also got the same error. I have tried to activate the sim using different browsers and I am recovering the same error over and over.

if I try to sign in, the system indicates that I do not have an account created.

please let me know if you receive a response from the mod

cristina

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gman, please send a private message to @Shazia_K right away.

You can do this by clicking on her name in the previous line.  On her profile page, on the right hand side, there is a link to send her a private message.

Include the public mobile sim card number you were trying to activate in the message and any other relevant details like number porting request.  

Gman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got this same message but i'm using vouchers, I already spent $120, I have no account to sign into because it wasnt created, and no phone number to use because it wasnt activated, please help!

imm1304

Lena, 

What happens when you put the PM sim card in your phone?  

As you wait for a response, there isn't much else to do except try and see if the sim card has already got service despite the errors... which I have seen happen in a few cases recently.  

If it helps, more of the PM mods have been working harder, and more hours to help us. Lets see how quickly they get to your message.  

Leena_sachdev

@imm1304 I already tried to sign in but it says signing in failed. When I go to forget password and enter my email it says " this email cannot be verified".

Leena_sachdev

@danicahxchan i have sent a message to mods, but no reply.

imm1304

Hi @Leena_sachdev!

The surest way to find out if your account is created is to put your new public mobile sim card in your phone and test if you have service.

Also, try and sign into your account at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca  You should be able to verify if your account has been created with the right plan etc.  

If you try to make a new account using the same sim card, you will most likely get invalid sim card error because I suspect your account is at least partially created using the sim card number you entered.  

Next, I recommend you send a private message to @Shazia_K right now.  

Include the sim card number, the Wind mobile phone number, Wind mobile Account number and PIN, and the name on the Wind mobile account.  

danicahxchan

Exact same thing happenned to me.  If you try again, you'll get SIM Invalid.  I PM'd one of the Mods and still waiting for help.  So if you haven't, make sure you PM @Mary_M or @Shazia_K for help.

Leena_sachdev

This is so frustrating !!!

djv
Even if you try again, it will say your Sim card is invalid 😞 I tried.
Need Help? Let's chat.