cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVICE

BamaMan66
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there anybody that actually works for this company here ??????   I paid to re-activate my plan 12 hours ago, and still have not re-activated as of yet......what the hell gives ???  Some of us only have cell service you know.....ffs

17 REPLIES 17

@BamaMan66The good news is you don't actually loose the rewards. The rewards only get applied during the renewal cycle. If your next renewal cycle is successful and glitch free, you should be able to see your rewards applied again.

@goldilock wrote:

@mimmo

@computergeek541 

That is so wierd, why did someone delete my message? I will report it to a moderator if this continues. 

@mimmo made a comment about my suggestion to remove the Sim Card as if that was not good advice. The poster paid to activate 12 hours ago and his account said expired still, but is there not incidences where the online account reflects inaccurate information? It happens to me practically every month, even though I have a valid credit card on file, it temporarily says  "account suspend" which freaked me out the first time I saw it but I have full service and the auto-pay hadn't gone through yet. 

When I joined public mobile I had activation problems and was instructed to remove Sim card and a moderator determined that my Sim card was not connected to the network and instructed the following:

1. Open the Apps list and tap Settings > More... > Cellular networks

> Network operators > Search networks.

2. Your phone will search for available networks.

3. Select your preferred network from the list generated. You phone

will attempt to register on the selected network.

Any help suggested to other members could be the one that works for them. 

Strange things can happen at Public Mobile, and while the argument could be made that there could be something strange going on in the background of Public Mobile system that might not reset until the phone disconnects from the network. However, I believe the point that I and @mimmo were trying to make was that dirty contacts or the sim not being in the phone/not being detected could not cause such a plan expired message.

As for deleted messages, I have looked at your message history from today and no one had deleted any of your messages from today nor otherwise hidden any of them unless it was the moderators themselves who did it.  I'm not saying that they have or haven't done that, just that there is no indication of it.  If you have edited a message multiple times or posted a few messages within a short period of time, then the site might erroneously enable a spam filter.

@goldilockIt is a known glitch with Lithium, if you edit a message too often, it gets deleted.. I don't think it human intervention.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BamaMan66  congrats! Glad its' working!

BamaMan66

I finally got it to work, my plan is $40.....I have $4 rewards, so I added $36.00 to make the $40......it wouldnt do it......I had to add another $4.00...........so it means I lost my $4.00 rewards for this month........what the sense of rewards, if its going to make you lose them.......but it's working now..........I feel like im dealing with the government here, no communications, and nothing but gouging to make this work.

goldilock

@mimmo

@computergeek541 

That is so wierd, why did someone delete my message? I will report it to a moderator if this continues. 

@mimmo made a comment about my suggestion to remove the Sim Card as if that was not good advice. The poster paid to activate 12 hours ago and his account said expired still, but is there not incidences where the online account reflects inaccurate information? It happens to me practically every month, even though I have a valid credit card on file, it temporarily says  "account suspend" which freaked me out the first time I saw it but I have full service and the auto-pay hadn't gone through yet. 

When I joined public mobile I had activation problems and was instructed to remove Sim card and a moderator determined that my Sim card was not connected to the network and instructed the following:

1. Open the Apps list and tap Settings > More... > Cellular networks

> Network operators > Search networks.

2. Your phone will search for available networks.

3. Select your preferred network from the list generated. You phone

will attempt to register on the selected network.

Any help suggested to other members could be the one that works for them. 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@XionBunny if sim was not making contact I believe the phone would typically  say no sim or invalid sim.

I could be mistaken but I recall being told that removing battery was suggested often so that the reboot process took longer ie phones were off longer than a simple reboot. Now that batteries can't be removed remove sim? But if that's the case turn off phone for 5 mins. 

Yup you would see no sim or in rare occasions invalid sim, and in the old days yes folks used to recommend battery removal, these days I'd just say to keep the phone off for an extended period when it comes to sim issues. Hard powering off the device via button combos and not touching it for a minute or so then booting as Normal, but this isn't sim related and all so, where just bantering here lol.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@XionBunny if sim was not making contact I believe the phone would typically  say no sim or invalid sim.

I could be mistaken but I recall being told that removing battery was suggested often so that the reboot process took longer ie phones were off longer than a simple reboot. Now that batteries can't be removed remove sim? But if that's the case turn off phone for 5 mins. 

XionBunny

@computergeek541 wrote:

@XionBunny wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@BamaMan66  if available funds are greater than your plan then either the list stolen trick or the 1$ trick as  @Anonymous) status can be active or inactive), you could even try the lost stolen a couple times@ if it doesn't work the first time.

@goldilock I see this mentioned often, what does removing and replacing the sim accomplish, I don't see any use since it's an account issue. If the only reason for suggesting it is to have phone off for a longer time then say that. If it is dome other reason please let me know. 

Some people believe one issue can be improper contact with the sim, or dirty contacts, usually that's never the case, but in rare instances it has happened.

That could be the case in some situations, but the physical contact of the sim card in a phone can't make a self-serve account say "expired" for 2 days.

Oh I know, usually in that case the person is just fluffing ther post count on here to try and gain cash off their plan, and the answers become nonsense.

@XionBunny wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@BamaMan66  if available funds are greater than your plan then either the list stolen trick or the 1$ trick as  @Anonymous) status can be active or inactive), you could even try the lost stolen a couple times@ if it doesn't work the first time.

@goldilock I see this mentioned often, what does removing and replacing the sim accomplish, I don't see any use since it's an account issue. If the only reason for suggesting it is to have phone off for a longer time then say that. If it is dome other reason please let me know. 

Some people believe one issue can be improper contact with the sim, or dirty contacts, usually that's never the case, but in rare instances it has happened.

That could be the case in some situations, but the physical contact of the sim card in a phone can't make a self-serve account say "expired" for 2 days.

XionBunny

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

goldilock

Did you try to turn off phone, remove SIM card and reinsert it and see if that helps?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BamaMan66 wrote:

It still just shows expired from 2 days ago., and nobody responds anywhere on their communications that they tell us to use. I find this unacceptable.

Did you click the Reactivate button?

Another simple possibility is to restart the phone.

Maybe post a screen snip of your overview page so we can see what you have going on. Blank out personal info of course.

XionBunny

@BamaMan66 wrote:

It still just shows expired from 2 days ago., and nobody responds anywhere on their communications that they tell us to use. I find this unacceptable.

The mod team takes anywhere from 48-72 hours to reply currently, if you have contacted them as you have stated, then sit tight they will get back to you, no reason to stress out.

BamaMan66

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BamaMan66 wrote:

Is there anybody that actually works for this company here ??????   I paid to re-activate my plan 12 hours ago, and still have not re-activated as of yet......what the hell gives ???  Some of us only have cell service you know.....ffs

Did you click on the Reactivate button in that message area? Or does your plan show as active?

If active:

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.