cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVICE SUSPENDED - ACCOUNT PAID UP

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
REPOSTED FOR VISIBILITY >> please copy and repost as needed to maintain its visibilty <<

Something has triggered a significant accounting system glitch. If this has affected you first try rebooting your phone. The moderators have reported that some accounts are being repaired without their intervention.

If rebooting does not help, there is NOTHING you can do to fix this. Therefore, join the queue so your account can be repaired at the earliest time by clicking this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Put "SERVICE DOWN" in the subject line. 

The moderators have left for the day, returning Sunday at 9 am but will have a significant backlog of private messages. Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Hang in there. 🙏  

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
11 REPLIES 11

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Luddite, are all accounts vulnerable to this new glitch?  Does it happen spuriously or when a customer tries to do something in the account?

@will13am Definitely not all accounts. Don't know for certain but it seems to be customers who activated 90 day plans with "bonus" data; especially 3G. I know for certain some 3G accounts were affect, but have not seen any legacy/grandfathered plans impacted. 

Yeah the trend definitely seems to be with the new promo plans. I was affected on a 12 GB + 6 GB bonus 4G LTE data plan that had been activated a few weeks ago.

@Luddite wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Luddite, are all accounts vulnerable to this new glitch?  Does it happen spuriously or when a customer tries to do something in the account?

@will13am Definitely not all accounts. Don't know for certain but it seems to be customers who activated 90 day plans with "bonus" data; especially 3G. I know for certain some 3G accounts were affect, but have not seen any legacy/grandfathered plans impacted. 

I got kind of concerned.  I checked all my accounts last night, nothing was out of place.  One of the accounts renewed a few days ago.  I am not touching anything, so I hope I can stay out of trouble.

@will13am wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rohanc1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So bad, Messages were not read almost for a day, no service more than 24 hours. 

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

This is the first time it happens, looks like we have a new bug to be added to the list 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:
REPOSTED FOR VISIBILITY >> please copy and repost as needed to maintain its visibilty <<

Something has triggered a significant accounting system glitch. If this has affected you first try rebooting your phone. The moderators have reported that some accounts are being repaired without their intervention.

If rebooting does not help, there is NOTHING you can do to fix this. Therefore, join the queue so your account can be repaired at the earliest time by clicking this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Put "SERVICE DOWN" in the subject line. 

The moderators have left for the day, returning Sunday at 9 am but will have a significant backlog of private messages. Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Hang in there. 🙏  

Thanks for the update, @Luddite.

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I also want to say thank you to the moderators who have been working hard to get service restored to customers while also handling other issues. It's not an easy job especially when there's a large influx of inquries to handle and with a small team it makes it even harder and stressful. I have some years worth of working on the front lines doing pretty much the same thing as what the moderator team does, so I know what it's like to be on the other side of a system issue like this one.

For those whose service hasn't been restored yet, I understand and can sympathize with you that it's difficult and frustrating but please, be patient and don't spam the moderator's inbox with repeated messages, it will only slow down the process for everyone. The moderator team works on a first come, first serve basis when dealing with personal messages.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

mrelf007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for this @Luddite hopefully those affected get their service back soon. I am still waiting for mine.

I think that PM needs to be more transparent with their customers in regards to letting us know about possible service outages and what is happening. I understand that some mods have responded to some individual threads, but that doesn't help service wide in letting everyone know. This is an online based community, but it doesn't seem like we get enough support when things actually do go wrong on the PM end. I understand that the mods aren't allowed to post something without some sort of approval? I don't blame the mods they are doing their best, but likely there isn't enough of them to handle these mass service situations.

It seems that the PM infrastructure is very glitchy and finicky to changes especially if a promo seems to come around from looking at past threads. Which I don't understand why these things haven't been addressed? 

MommaBear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just wanted to say that to the Mod's who are doing an awesome job and quick too.  Thanks for all your help today with our phone problems..   

GOOD JOB!!

Need Help? Let's chat.