cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot calls

Kmmaclean
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone else with the service been receiving a lot of calls from international numbers 13-14 digits. Bolivia, Tansina, Guyana, Vietnam etc. Phone only rings once. Multiple times a day. I've blocked each number that calls only for a different one to call next time. 
Any ideas how to stop this?

7 REPLIES 7

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Pub wrote:

I just block all of them.

As I previously mentioned, keep in mind that by default, blocking calls on Android and iPhone by default just immediately redirects those calls to your voicemail. Change the "declined/busy" conditional forward to prevent that.

Pub
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just block all of them. You probably must have signed up somwhere and they shared your data (phone number). There is really no way to stop this since you will always be spammed called from a different number. Just keep blocking them manually,

Best,

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kmmaclean wrote:

Anyone else with the service been receiving a lot of calls from international numbers 13-14 digits. Bolivia, Tansina, Guyana, Vietnam etc. Phone only rings once. Multiple times a day. I've blocked each number that calls only for a different one to call next time. 

I use the free version of a voicemail service that includes spam/robo blocking.  Works for me.

www.youmail.com

When blocking numbers, also set the declined call conditional call forward to something other than your voicemail, such as a dead number to prevent spam callers from further annoying you with messages you have to delete.

To ensure blocked calls are diverted to a fast busy or endless ring, dial:

*67*8080000000#

Unanswed calls, and calls while phone is offline will continue to go to voicemail as usual.

Revert it back to going to voicemail with:

##67#

I wrote about this previously with more detail:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Fun-with-Conditional-Call-forwarding-and-...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kmmaclean wrote:

There's not much you can do that will make any difference now. Once they find out that your number is active....well, they'll hound you for days or weeks. Only thing to do now is do what you're doing by blocking when they do call. Make sure nobody answers those calls. Finally...don't call them back. It's a PITA but they'll eventually give up if you don't respond.

scorpio17
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It does not help. They always use new numbers. As I understand, mobile operators do not care about this problem because they make money on such callers.

PS. And yes, there are some mobile plans in Canada where you have to pay for incoming calls... Stone Age!

@gblackma wrote:

@Kmmaclean You have been doing it, block them.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Kmmaclean You have been doing it, block them. And no, I haven't been receiving such calls.

@Kmmaclean wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.