cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in British Columbia

Lor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm set up in Ontario.  Can I purchase data to be used in British Columbia or talk & text?  I only see "US Data roaming"

7 REPLIES 7

I was out there last summer and no issue at all. You will be good.

Any call you make to a BC number is now local but to call home would be long distance . You can receive any calls still without incurring usage of any long distance add-on you have purchased. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you everyone.  I didn't realize my data is good for all of Canada.  As long as I can text, i'm not going to worry too much about calling.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lor, you should be totally fine for text and data as already stated by others.  The only element that you need to examine for functionality when leaving the home province is calling.  Calling and long distance is a relic of the 20th century that has survived because it is beneficial to the carriers.  Anyway, if you have a province wide calling plan, this knowledge base article would be important to review.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

The only issue is with talk, some are plans only province wide

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

What plan do you have? As far as roaming in Canada is concerned data and texting work everywhere.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Lor wrote:

I'm set up in Ontario.  Can I purchase data to be used in British Columbia or talk & text?  I only see "US Data roaming"

Your data is good across canada as long as your are on the PM network.

Need Help? Let's chat.