cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip Offs!

Natester7788
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile is the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with, I cancelled my services over 7 1/2 weeks ago and still have not received a refund, I.was initially told right after requesting a refund that I would have to wait a month to receive it, well it is now going on two months and I have not received anything, I have tried to reach out to the Mod team to see what the problem is and they have failed to reply back to my inquiries. I am starting to think I am getting shafted here, this company seems totally untrustworthy...

9 REPLIES 9

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

the CRTC is holding meeting or you can sign up about telcoms

marketing practices, billings,charges.

I dont know if anything will come about but you can check and listen to their podcast

about it.  if you think you have been erred file a complai.

We are being shafted in this country regarding price to service ratio.

take care

justinbeaudoin

When it comes to a pre-paid company it is spent money. You pay before you get the service and generally, there are no refunds.

Did a moderator offer you a refund?

hxj140

This is a prepaid service and operates in much the same manner as Walmart in that Walmart does not issue refunds for air time vouchers you purchase from their retail locations.

It's not a rip, it's prepaid.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am LMAO 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Natester7788, walk softly and carry a big stick.  Coming to the public forum and venting solves little.  If you think you are in the right, contact the CCTS.  This is the knowledge base article about the CCTS.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Natester7788 wrote:

Public Mobile is the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with, I cancelled my services over 7 1/2 weeks ago and still have not received a refund, I.was initially told right after requesting a refund that I would have to wait a month to receive it, well it is now going on two months and I have not received anything, I have tried to reach out to the Mod team to see what the problem is and they have failed to reply back to my inquiries. I am starting to think I am getting shafted here, this company seems totally untrustworthy...

PM plans are prepaid plans.  Prepaid plan provider does not provide refund.

Check your old private message to find out the moderator who promised the refund.  We are just helper here and doe not have access to your account and your private messages between you and the moderator who promised your refund.

I hope that you will get your refund issue resolved.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I too am shocked to hear you were offered a refund. As a prepaid service it’s generally policy that if you cancel you lose all prepaid funds. 

Do you have any proof you can post here to confirm? Might help get things moving for you. If you were promised something they should honour it. 

Otherwise, are you sure you didn’t miss interpret what you were told? 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

As a general rule Public Mobile, like all other Canadian prepaid carriers, is not offering any refunds on unused portions of a plan at the time of an immediate plan change nor are they offering refunds on available funds if you port out to a different carrier. (there have been reports that some past migration offers to Koodo were an exeption to that, the process had to be done by Koodo CSR though)

The community here obviously don't have all the details, but if you have the means to back up your claim in writing you should take this conversation back to the moderators. We as fellow customers can't help you here.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Natester7788 wrote:

When you say you reached out, did you send a private message direct to them including your private information?

Need Help? Let's chat.