cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reward $ not applied to if renew early?

Autumn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi community,

Do you get reward $ when you switch your plan before your renewal cycle kicks in? I don't get it at the time of renewing to a different plan nor does the $ get applied to my original monthly cycle either. Seems like I have to contact the moderator each time. Could PM not program my original monthly date into account so that I would automatically get reward $? For example: My plan is usually due on the 21st of each month and I decided to switch to a new plan on the 18th of the following month. I waited until the 25th and still have no reward $ applied to my account. I had to contact the moderator. Do you experience this?

6 REPLIES 6

Okay, I'm lost (not unusual).

Are we saying that for example, someone found it advantageous to renew early each month at say 20 days into their 30  day month... (Maybe because their data was  used up) they would get all their reward money more frequently? Maybe not community reward as it appears every month but friends and loyalty and autopay?

I would have expected to get no rewards if renewing early and then have rewards continue at the end of the new 30 day period meaning you lost out on rewards for some fraction of a 30 day period by renewing early. No?

Terry

@GinYVR wrote:

@AutumnIf you change before 30 day plan expires, you should not get the reward this time round. But you should get the reward when the 30 days are up.

The help pages indicate that you will still get all rewards, but the 24 hour delay part is an indication that the rewards don't get deposited into the account balance until after the renewal is finalized.

Another form of renewing before 30 days are up is the immediate plan change. I can confirm that rewards do get paid out even though it has not been 30 days since last receiving them, and it happens (or should happen) automatically.

I suppose the question of whether the rewards get converted to balance before or after the renewal is complete or after doesn't make any practical difference.  This is because the system requires the customer to have the full plan price in the account balance before such a change is made. So, whether the rewards are being used to pay for the plan or to replenish the balance is really all the same.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GinYVR wrote:

@AutumnIf you change before 30 day plan expires, you should not get the reward this time round. But you should get the reward when the 30 days are up.

@GinYVR  this I believe is incorrect as it differs from. The reward rules posted by @Triguy, and from experience asking the same thing from mods when I did an early renewal. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes unfortunately this is one of the many bugs with public. you just have to message the mods when things are not applied.  But before that can you po st a screenshot of your payment history,  just want to confirm no rewards were applied at the early renewal and the regular renewal before sending you to mods.  Also best to quote the reward rules about dealing with early renewals when messaging mods 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.