Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieval of text message

taiwoadeyi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I retrieve deleted text message?

22 REPLIES 22

@Anonymous yea some people are a little testy

@USER74  no one was implying that we were having a discusion between ourselves !!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@USER74 wrote:

Its business related, not for some girls phone number. 

Boy @RossN...nobody's picking up on your lol's and emoji's. 🙂

USER74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its business related, not for some girls phone number. 

@GinYVR  yes and it would have to be a very serious reason not just because I want some pretty girls phone number Smiley LOL

@USER74You can probably get it with a court order... however it depends whether you are in a position to get that order.

@USER74 I really dont think that is possible unless you were CSIS or some organization  like that

USER74

I am seeking copies that include the actual text in the text messages sent and received.

@USER74 

In your self service account, you can check your usage history for the last 3 months.  That includes phone calls, data events and texts history.  

USER74

How do I request a printed copy of my text message history from public mobile for the last 3 months? 

Or do I need to contact the Canadian telecommunications areas in Canada to have this completed? 

PM100

you may want to enable samsung cloud if it is available for your phone model. It backs up messages as far as i know.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@taiwoadeyi What if you ask the person you sent the text to forward you what you texted or give you a screenshot of text history if he/she still has it?

I really don't see any other way to retrieve if it wasn't backed up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ellineg wrote:

Cannot retrieve 😞 i also tried to find ways in the past. 

If this has occurred as a need in the past then perhaps don't delete conversations. Then you can scroll back in the history to find what you're looking for.

For future consideration... 🙂

@taiwoadeyi wrote:

Samsung Galaxy A5

@taiwoadeyi  If you have a Google account click on the Google icon and check to see if your messages are showing up in your online account under that device.

ellineg

Cannot retrieve 😞 i also tried to find ways in the past. 

@joni123 the great thing about this community is that we are all customers here not PM employees as @Anonymous has so nicely stated there is alot of experience here so why not tap into it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joni123 wrote:

There are Android data recovery tools, but this forum isn't the best place to get help with that, unfortunately, as this issue isn't Public Mobile related. I would suggest googling Android text message recovery, and go from there. Good luck!

But there is a lot of knowledge and experience on here. Someone may have encountered whatever problem before and could shed some light on a possible fix.

joni123

There are Android data recovery tools, but this forum isn't the best place to get help with that, unfortunately, as this issue isn't Public Mobile related. I would suggest googling Android text message recovery, and go from there. Good luck!

taiwoadeyi

Samsung Galaxy A5

taiwoadeyi

Thank you. The messages were not backed up. So there is no way I can retrieve them. 

joni123

What type of phone do you have? If you have an iPhone, text messages are usually backed up to iCloud. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@taiwoadeyiI don't think Public Mobile itself has a customer function to do that... however maybe you can retrieve it if your phone does backup occasionally?

Need Help? Let's chat.