cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolving move to Koodo and price hike

HolmesIV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like to speak with a representative of Public Mobile about this proposed gigantic price hike. As I understand it, I'm being told to increase ultimate price (current $36) from $32/mo to $40/mo, and switch providers or face an increase to $50/mo. (I've a 12GB/120 day plan currently billed at $36/mo). 

It also seems you are simply going to remove upgrades (north American minutes) that I have paid for without recompense. This seems decidedly dishonest, even rephrehensible to me at this time. 

It's also not clear at all how you are going to deal with my prepaid time which is substantial.

This staggering price hike seems patently unreasonable to me, and I'd like to discuss it. Per legislation and CRTC/CCTS requirements I am initiating this as an attempt at open dialog with you, my service provider to amicably and simply resolve this issue.

If you do not respond within 24 hours in this thread, or shadowban me (in my reasonable estimation), or delete this post, I will assume that you reject all communication on this topic and proceed with a complaint to the CCTS and then the CRTC.

I loved Public Mobile and persuaded people to sign up. Suffice to say that trust has been badly damaged.  I would like very much to resolve this amicably, but you have not made this easy with your behaviour. 

To others reading: you must make a reasonable effort to resolve things with PM before making any further complaint. You may not wish to make such a complaint, and simply give in. Fair enough. Search on the net for CRTC and CCTS complaints for more information if you wish to proceed. This is not legal advice.

10 REPLIES 10

HolmesIV

Addendum: to be clear "peaceful protest helps" and "not sure what alternatives are"; the latter simply refers to alternatives to PM. All protest should be peaceful.

HolmesIV

@digitalmind Good Name. And good on you on not settling. Peaceful protest helps. I'm not fully sure what the alternatives are, but they, along with complaints, exist. 

If you're in an inner city core in the right place, there's Freedom (Shaw) Not bad in some of BC or Alberta. If you're in Quebec or Ottawa, there might be Videotron. And so on. TBTel is interesting in parts of Ontario. 

digitalmind

Complain has been sent, but I won't switch before march 1st. So if Public Mobile want to settle this, just send me a message.

I won't accept this new price and i'm willing to go as far as needed to be heard. 

HolmesIV

@kevin_camera The hikes are pretty big though. We all made choices and forewent switching to (say) the 10GB/$60 plans based on assumptions our plans would continue to exist. A hike to $50 with PM (and that is the real hike) for 4GB/provincial vs 10GB/NA... a great many of us would have switched if it were posed in those stark terms, for example. 

Telus/PM is very likely perfectly legally correct to do what it's doing. It just comes down to how contemptible we find their behaviour and what we plan on peacefully doing about it.

They will telll you:" This is a no frill service.  Nothing to complain"  Smiley Happy

Joking aside, doubt they would do anything about it.  

kevin_camera

I have no problems with hikes per se, but this time they targetted specific account without official announcement which is the biggest problem.

Without transparency, they can just target anyone at will without notice.

HolmesIV

@lazyek: good on you and your wife.

Make a specific complaint to PM. One business day (24h) is reasonable for at least a "we're trying to respond to you" response. If they can't muster that -- on the terms that they have deliberately set up for communication with their clients -- then a formal complaint to regulatory authorities seems reasonable to me. (NOT LEGAL ADVICE; just trying to be fair to PM).

HolmesIV

Thanks for the link Mike. I admit I wanted to avoid giving one since my focus was on talking with PM and remains so for the next 23h. My guess is that they've encountered a buzzsaw, and are still figuring it out, hence no response yet. What did they expect on setting up a plan that would attract long term loyalty... but people who'd be enraged at betrayal?

lazyek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Count myself and my wifes account in this complaint also!
I provide Public Mobile 24 hours to resolve this matter, or I too will be filing a complaint with the CRTC/CCTS.

The 30% Price increase is outrages and completely unethical!

Just when you start to feel Canada is getting a resonable Mobile carrier they turn around to do this . . . .

mike390

The fact that we have a massive 18-page thread as well as tons of other smaller threads about this problem with absolutely no feedback from moderators shows that PM isnt able to do anything about this.  There should have been an immediate sticky.

To make a complaint, just use this link guys:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/

Need Help? Let's chat.