cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required info to authenticate accounts

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

HI @CS_Agent, can you confirm what /how much/what combination of  information is needed to authenticate an account with out a pin number?

Last night i send account number, account email address and account number for a friends account.  but it was not enough. ( In the past I have been asked for pin or account number )

Is this the complete list of identifing information:

• The name on the account
  • mailing address
  • the alternative phone number
  • your date of birth (asssuming account holders dob not mine)

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren

@Luddite No way, you might sick Ralph on me.....  Plus Bob and Sue would surely see through the ruse, with the power of their Chilean Copper Colanders.  

EDIT: apparently I forgot how to spell ruse.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren Double your bravo ability and create a ghostly on line presence. Perhaps "ILovetoBravo"? Robot LOL

Can't be linked to you account email though.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

@mimmo wrote:

@MarieHelene_L I think my biggest frustration however is the continued lack of communication.  Why could these changes not have been announced.  Why can't system bugs be fixed  like the password reset feature ( or simply replace the reset button with text saying to reset password do 1,2,3). 

It is really not asking too much.  But all we ever get is working on with no eta for everything.... It doesn't seem right or fair to members or to mods.

End of rant 🙂

^^^^^^^^ this.  Enjoyable (and accurate) rant, @mimmo!  I'd give you two thumbs up, but I can only bravo once.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@MarieHelene_L I think my biggest frustration however is the continued lack of communication.  Why could these changes not have been announced.  Why can't system bugs be fixed  like the password reset feature ( or simply replace the reset button with text saying to reset password do 1,2,3). 

It is really not asking too much.  But all we ever get is working on with no eta for everything.... It doesn't seem right or fair to members or to mods.

End of rant 🙂

mimmo

@Luddite wrote:

Sure, why not make it more aggravatiing to help people. Guarantee some of my "dependents" have forgotten their PINs! Robot Mad

As long as the have not forgotten their name, address or birthday they should be fine:)

Sure, why not make it more aggravatiing to help people. Guarantee some of my "dependents" have forgotten their PINs! Robot Mad

mimmo

@Luddite pretty sure VM and account pin are 2 separate items. The account pin you created when activating the account and use it when doing 611 activities.

I was asking for an early renewal on friends account and had already topped up so I am assuming it is required for all account related requests.

@MarieHelene_L 

1. Is the account PIN the same as the voicemail PIN? 

2. Is this in reference to porting, asking for assistance with my account, or asking for assistance on a friend's account?

3. Are account numbers so corrupted, I can expect false logins?

mimmo

@smp99 wrote:

And what is the process to get your pin back if you have forgotten

I set up about 6 accounts a year ago last fall, and I really cannot remember entering a PIN. I guess I have never needed it, ...... which is a good thing....

I imaging contacting mods with required info as stated above and requesting pin change.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And what is the process to get your pin back if you have forgotten

I set up about 6 accounts a year ago last fall, and I really cannot remember entering a PIN. I guess I have never needed it, ...... which is a good thing....

srlawren

@MarieHelene_L @mimmo in the meantime, I'm definitely bookmarking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Required-info-to-authenticate-accounts/m-... 🙂

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo

Good point! We're currently working on refreshing the KB so I'll make sure to bring this up 🙂

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

mimmo

Thanks @MarieHelene_L it is good to know.  Was / can this info be added to the contact mods KB article?

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Very good question @mimmo!

In the past, we did use the account number as a way to authenticate an account, but that is no longer valid. 

We will now simply ask for the phone number & 4-digit PIN. If you have the correct PIN, then you're good to go! 

If you don't have the PIN, we will ask you for 3 pieces of info out of these;

- Complete mailing address

- Email address

- Alternate phone number

- Date of birth

- Last top up date & amount

* Note that the name on the account is no longer a valid piece of information either. 

Let me know if you have any other questions about this!

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*
Need Help? Let's chat.