cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Dates 3 Month Old User Love it BUT?

HeddleTown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just curios why my renewal dates keep changing around anyone eles have this.. its always the middle of the month last month was the 15th I renewed, now I see on my account they want me to renew by the 12th anyone know why the huge flucuation in days!? Also seems odd that even though I have an account I need a seperate account for the community! Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

@srlawrenThe only provider that offers SSO is Freedom from my recent look at all the low end flanker brands. There are plenty of advantages having 2 seperate systems, people who don't need help, don't need to sign up for lithium. It is a bit cumbersome, but it is not really that bad.

Oh yes Lithium does have SSO option.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GinYVR wrote:

@HeddleTownIt is because Public Mobile uses Lithium which is an off the shelf software for the forum.. and the accounting section is shared with Koodo.. Since Public Mobile is supposed to be low cost, you just can't expect both of them to seemlessly integrate.. that will increase cost and potential security issues.

@GinYVR yes, though I wouldn't be suprised if Lithium offered (at least an optional) single sign on (SSO) solution.  That said, one thing that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet is that having separate accounts allows people to come here and register in advance of actually activating service with PM, so they can participate, ask questions, etc.  This would not be possible if you could only sign into the community using your PM account credentials.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

its because Public Mobile plans are billed every 30 days. So if a month has 29 or 31 days it will mean your renew date is altered a bit.

@HeddleTownIt is because Public Mobile uses Lithium which is an off the shelf software for the forum.. and the accounting section is shared with Koodo.. Since Public Mobile is supposed to be low cost, you just can't expect both of them to seemlessly integrate.. that will increase cost and potential security issues.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

I agree with @Lieux  also it affords you an opportunity to create a user name in the community to keep a certain level of anonymity

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@HeddleTown wrote:

Just curios why my renewal dates keep changing around anyone eles have this.. its always the middle of the month last month was the 15th I renewed, now I see on my account they want me to renew by the 12th anyone know why the huge flucuation in days!? Also seems odd that even though I have an account I need a seperate account for the community! Thanks.

And yes it's how it goes with public mobile 2 separate accounts for your account and for the community....anyone can have access to the community and ask questions without a plan with public mobile.Smiley Happy

RossN
Mayor / Maire

you are on a 30 day plan it is not 1 month

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@HeddleTown wrote:

The account duration is for 30 days or 90 days so renewal dates will fluctuate.

Need Help? Let's chat.