cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing call waiting

CatCanyon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is anyone aware of how to remove the call waiting feature?

I've always unsubscribed from this "apparant " free inclusion. 

Personally, I find this "add-in-on- interference" disrespectful and annoying. I want to focus on the conversation in which I'm involved with my full attention. 

Looking for assistance in how to deactivate this "gift".

Thank you in advance. 

10 REPLIES 10

@computergeek541 wrote:

For informational purposes, call waiting also be cancelled on a per-call basis.  From what I read, it is done by dialing *70 before the phone number. 

Correct.

For informational purposes, call waiting also be cancelled on a per-call basis.  From what I read, it is done by dialing *70 before the phone number. 

CatCanyon

Perfect. Accomplished.  

Thanks a lot...@catcanyon

CatCanyon

Thanks, I'll give it a shot and let you know. 

To disable call waiting open Phone key, tap the more key (three dots at the top), Settings, Call, More Settings, uncheck Call Waiting.

CatCanyon

Oops! Somehow my reply got unintentionally posted. 

I agree with your sentiment and follow your strategy of ignorance. 

Instead, I don't want to have to ignore something I don't want to listen to. As I mentioned, I want to focus on the conversation at hand. 

I'm looking for the technological solution for a Samsung Galaxy 5 of the unwanted feature I never asked for. 

Again, thanks for your response. 

@CatCanyon

CatCanyon

I agree with your sentiments. I also ignore the beeps. 

However, my question involves removal of the feature because I find it annoying...

Please see next message, I was unaware of the editing tool in the comment area. 

Another interesting feature of the community... writing tools. Yippee! 🤔😊

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I don't like the call waiting. I hate people putting me on hold in the middle of conversation. Therefore, I will not use call waiting.  I just ignore the beeps for a few seconds.  If my caller has important matter to discuss, they can call again or leave me a voicemail or text message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CatCanyon wrote:

Is anyone aware of how to remove the call waiting feature?

I've always unsubscribed from this "apparant " free inclusion. 

Personally, I find this "add-in-on- interference" disrespectful and annoying. I want to focus on the conversation in which I'm involved with my full attention. 

Looking for assistance in how to deactivate this "gift".

Thank you in advance. 

And I think caller id is evil. Just answer the dang phone!..it's not gonna kill ya and all y'gotta do is say no.

As above...

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

You can disable call waiting on your phone. What model is your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.