cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration stuck in limbo?

J0HN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just registered with a new sim card about an hour and half ago. On the payment page, I pressed continue and the next page crashed. So now I don't know if my payment and registration actually got processed or not. When I went back to the beginning and try to restart the process it tells me now the Sim number is invalid. I can't login my account either, not sure what to do. Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You're welcome @J0HN, welcome aboard 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@J0HN

Wohoo John!! 😉 I'm glad everything was resolved quickly!

Despite the little activation hiccup, I truly hope you enjoy your time with us 🙂

Cheers, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

J0HN

It works fine now, thanks for all the help.

srlawren

Welcome to Public Mobile, @J0HN!  Hopefully the port issue is resolved quickly. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with or answer for you.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

J0HN

OK I just paid off my bill from last month.  Thanks for the help.

imm1304

@J0HN,  it looks like there was an error. 

The only thing you can do at this stage is to make sure there are no past due bills with Fido.  Any other issues will be sorted by Fido and PM.  

Also, while you wait for the number port to be sorted, you can place your Fido sim back in the phone and you should have full service.  Fido line will get disonnected as soon as your number is ported to PM.  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @J0HN

I just check on your porting request and for some reason there was an error while you tried porting your number. I opened a ticket for this with our porting team, please allow 48 to 72 hours for the port to complete.

You will receive a text message confirming that the port has been completed and then simply restart your phone. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

J0HN

Ok I've done that.  Thank you.

imm1304

@J0HN!  Do NOT close the account with fido or you will lose the number.

Fido account will close automatically when the port request is complete.  Then you can pay the final bill to Fido and really start saving money with PM  🙂

As there were some issues with your activation, I would advise you to send your Fido number, Fido account number, Fido PIN number to @Shazia_K via private message to process the port request again.  The port should have processed already if everything was fine.  

J0HN

Thanks for the quick replys. That post above fixed the internet so that's working now.

Texting is starting to work as well. Also outgoing calls work, but I can't receive calls at the moment.

I am wondering if this is because the  number is still being ported? Do I need to close the account with Fido first before I can receive calls?

Thanks.

imm1304

@J0HN, take a look at this page and make sure you have the right APN settings:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

Some phones need to have the APN settings manually configured.. but its quite easy to do.  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@J0HN

are your incoming calls working? Did you set your APN settings. 

if not click here to learn how. 

Thanks.

Shazia

J0HN

I did the registration and phone calls seems to be working now. However texting and data are still not responsive.  Do I have to wait for those?  Thanks!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @J0HN

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the activation hiccup 😞

I did check everything on your account and all is in order. Can you please create your self-serve account here

Also, I see that your porting a number to us, can you confirm if your services are fully functional?

Thanks,

Shazia

imm1304

Hey @J0HN,

Since the sim card on second attempt is not valid, your activation most likely did go through on the 1st attempt.  Unfortunately, the next page may have timed out for whatever reasons.

Did you test by placing the sim in your phone if you have service?

If you find that you have service, the selfserve access can be setup now.  It can be done by going to the https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ 

Click on "Create Account" and follow the instructions.  You will get a verification code to your new PM number via sms before you can proceed.  

Need Help? Let's chat.