Refund to account

sheila_persaud
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cancelled my account so need refund toy Visa card

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Staliger wrote:

@sheila_persaud Although PM is a prepaid service, you can try to take your chances with refund by contacting with moderators and explaining your situation in details. Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions. OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Staliger honestly, for a standard cancellation scenario, this is a waste of the moderators' time and highly unlikely to result in any sort of refund.  If there was an error and you were charged extra somehow despite porting your number out or turning off autopay then you might have grounds to ask, but not just because you left of your own choice for another provider.  

EDIT: I should add, every customer agreed to the terms of service when they activated their accounts.  Under those terms, you're not entitled for a refund for partially-used cycles.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lol. Welcome to PM. Here's to PM being a Buster Douglas instead. 

@whereiswardo wrote:

Hopefully that problem gets fixed if it is still happening that people get charged after cancelling. Thanks for the tip.  Hoping to be with Public Mobile long enough to get that zero dollar price point lol.  Don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon. Prices sure beat my old provider. It's like mike tyson fighting a kid.

whereiswardo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hopefully that problem gets fixed if it is still happening that people get charged after cancelling. Thanks for the tip.  Hoping to be with Public Mobile long enough to get that zero dollar price point lol.  Don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon. Prices sure beat my old provider. It's like mike tyson fighting a kid.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile is a prepaid service and does not offer refunds. If you are considering porting your number, do not remove your credit card information from your account until the process is complete. Once your number has been transferred, your account will be automatically closed.

popping

@gblackma wrote:

@popping . Would the recurring charge to a cancelled account apply if you ported out your number? Thanks in advance.

Normally, PM will stop renewing your plan and stop taking money out after cancellation.  You cannot login to your self-serve account after cancellation.  It is safer to remove autopay credit card before port out your number.  

@gblackma wrote:

@popping . Would the recurring charge to a cancelled account apply if you ported out your number? Thanks in advance.

@popping wrote:

@sheila_persaud 

Good luck by asking for refund.  It will take over 3 months to get a refund if you get a generous moderator.

I hope that you had remove your autopay debit/credit card from your account before porting your number out to cancel.  I had seen thread that PM continue to take money out from your card after cancellation.

Occasionally this can happen.

That's why we recommend removing the credit card info from the account before porting out - you loose access to your self serve account the moment the port-out completes.

@popping wrote:

@sheila_persaud 

Good luck by asking for refund.  It will take over 3 months to get a refund if you get a generous moderator.

I hope that you had remove your autopay debit/credit card from your account before porting your number out to cancel.  I had seen thread that PM continue to take money out from your card after cancellation.

popping

@Staliger wrote:

@sheila_persaud wrote:

@sheila_persaud Although PM is a prepaid service, you can try to take your chances with refund by contacting with moderators and explaining your situation in details. Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions. OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@sheila_persaud 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@sheila_persaud wrote:

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Hi Sheila, its a prepaid service. To my knowledge they never issue refunds. Sorry.

@sheila_persaud wrote:

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@sheila_persaud wrote:

As stated it is a prepaid account and PM doesn't issue refunds or prorated plans for partial amounts used.  How long have you been with PM?  Were there issues you were experiencing with the service?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile is a prepaid service I do not think they issue any refunds if you cancel service. You could ask a moderator but I think your out of luck on a refund.

Need Help? Let's chat.