cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund request

iracoma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone here who had a refund request? Were you able to get it?

Last month, I bought a public mobile sim but it was not compatible with my phone coz its from overseas. So I cancelled it, processed thru Walmart store where I got the sim. Then I just purchased another plan with another service provider so I can have a new unit. So I just yesterday, I figured that the auto-pay with my account was not cancelled and was charged for the last month's cycle even though I haven't able to use the sim coz I thought it was already cancelled. PLUS, my previous refund request regarding the sim is not received yet.

Hope someone could have the same situation as I have. Thanks for ur help

8 REPLIES 8

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Have you got any reply from public mobile moderator?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren if it is the case that there was a false positive  then yes I would agree with you.  But there was no mention of that in the original post.

As for the Walmart situation well if the Walmart employee said it was closed, their could be a case for asking Walmart for a refund and  maybe giving the employees  better training?  

Hopefully the poster will get some goodwill from pm.

srlawren

@mimmo wrote:

@iracoma  hate to be the mean person but its not PM fault that the service was incompatible with your phone nor that you did not disable autopay.  i see no reason why you should expect a refund for the sim or the two months of service.

@mimmo I have no idea if this case falls into this or not, but let's not forget on the compatibiility front that PM's IMEI checker on their website is rubbish and routinely produces false positives.  I would think most consumers would check the IMEI checker and assume it gave reliable results since it's lierally from the mobile provebial horse's mouth.  If @iracoma's IMEI falls into this, I think the compatibility aspect could quite be argued in their favour.  As for the autopay issue--that's more than likely the Walmart rep's fault.  I have to respectfully potentially disagree with you on both fronts.  Or at least point out that there is at least a real possibility that the OP is not 100% to blame here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@iracoma wrote:

Anyone here who had a refund request? Were you able to get it?

Last month, I bought a public mobile sim but it was not compatible with my phone coz its from overseas. So I cancelled it, processed thru Walmart store where I got the sim. Then I just purchased another plan with another service provider so I can have a new unit. So I just yesterday, I figured that the auto-pay with my account was not cancelled and was charged for the last month's cycle even though I haven't able to use the sim coz I thought it was already cancelled. PLUS, my previous refund request regarding the sim is not received yet.

Hope someone could have the same situation as I have. Thanks for ur help

Sorry about the issue.

As others mentioned, refunds are not processed by any prepaid carrier in Canada however if you have gone with Koodo or Telus you may get a credit on your new account out of good faith as Telus owns both Koodo and PM. This is something you should have researched prior to going with another carrier.

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I understand wanting the second charge refunded, if you had done your due diligence in cancelling your account, but I want to point out that SIM cards are non refundable as a standard, no matter what provider you purchase them through. PM has been awesome in that they will replace defective SIMs, but we mustn’t expect a refund.

popping

@iracoma

- I am wondering how your Walmart rep cancel your PM account.

- That rep should know PM plans are prepaid plan and there is no refund for prepaid plan in Canada.  That rep should have told you that.

-  But s/he did not cancel your PM plan and continued to sell you another plan.  People nowaday will do anything to make another sale.

NOW, you should ASAP

1. create your self-serve account,

2. Login

3. Disable autopay

4. Delete your credit card entry

Otherwise, you are still authorized PM to take money out of cc every 30 days.

You account will be canceled 90 days without payment.

mimmo

@iracoma  hate to be the mean person but its not PM fault that the service was incompatible with your phone nor that you did not disable autopay.  i see no reason why you should expect a refund for the sim or the two months of service.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@iracoma

If direct account inquiries, you will need to private message the moderators.  Expect 2-3 days wait though.  

Normally, the way to cancel your public mobile account is to disable your autopay and then let the plan expire.  After 90 days, the plan becomes dormant and your PM phone number is lost forever.  Do you have access to the self-service account?  If you do, you can disable the autopay yourself.  

Since Public Mobile is prepaid, there generally are no refunds, but contacting the moderators is your best option.  

send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Include your phone number, account number and PIN.

Need Help? Let's chat.