cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Reflection on the Community

@will13am wrote:

BTW, I don't have any issues if the same few members answering every question first.  It is the often needless discussions that span multiple pages that is off putting.  If OP brings to light new information, it is fair game to respond again.  At least give the member asking the question a chance to digest some of the feedback.

My concerns are not with 2 or 3 people answering everything first. If they're quicker than others, what am I to say about that?  My issue is what results from that with the often deliberate repetition from some others.  I'll agree that has to be some slack given as people do type at the same time as others or put the keyboard down for a minute to get a coffee, and don't necessarily hit the refresh button to check for new replies. There are also honest mistakes. However, there are many, many cases in which people are doing it for no other reason to increase the post and bravo count. 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shep22 

thank you for your honest expressions, you have a Bravo,  from me.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi this is not directed at any one person but I think most of us come here to help out a little have a little interaction maybe get a thank you in the form of a bravo  or just a plain thank you is great also,we don't need all this bickering between members I even see the differing points of view and possibly some tension between some of the oracles, this forum is not perfect and I  believe it has to bend and grow with the old and new members alike so let's all chill a little try and have a little fun hopefully get along a little better, this world is going through enough crap right now so we don't need it here too so lets have a little fun and maybe help some people 😃

Highlighted
Oracle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

BTW, I don't have any issues if the same few members answering every question first.  It is the often needless discussions that span multiple pages that is off putting.  If OP brings to light new information, it is fair game to respond again.  At least give the member asking the question a chance to digest some of the feedback.

My concerns are not with 2 or 3 people answering everything first. If they're quicker than others, what am I to say about that?  My issue is what results from that with the often deliberate repetition from some others.  I'll agree that has to be some slack given as people do type at the same time as others or put the keyboard down for a minute to get a coffee, and don't necessarily hit the refresh button to check for new replies. There are also honest mistakes. However, there are many, many cases in which people are doing it for no other reason to increase the post and bravo count. 

This is the ramblings into page 3 and beyond that I have been referring to.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

I'll agree that has to be some slack given as people do type at the same time as others or put the keyboard down for a minute to get a coffee, and don't necessarily hit the refresh button to check for new replies. 

I don't refresh before posting. Can't be bothered. I refresh. Oh I'll answer that. Start typing. Post. Oh crap. Already answered by 6 others. Edit. Add ninja'd. Done.

And other times it's a funny coincidence that someone else had also decided to reply on a post that was sitting for a while.

I have sometimes observed that I refresh and nothing new. I refresh again and a whole raft of replies has happened. wth Probably my browser and my settings. Meh.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

what they said

lol

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I may have found the secret to Community Rewards....Just walk through this Gate, That clearly has a B above it for Bravo.

Screenshot_20200502_185605.jpg

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm still pretty new, so I won't say alot, but I took the bravo to mean you like the idea, or as a thank you for the advice, returning to say this or that did help, or simply that you agree with whatever someone else already answered... Sort of like many reactions rolled into one button. 

That said I try not to answer if someone else already did, unless I've thought of something to add maybe an idea that that person hadn't tried yet and that the other persons answer didn't say

I feel like I've been pretty modest about both things 🤷‍

I got a reward last month for community but I was new and had had so many questions. I wouldn't be suprised if that doesn't happen now with just sort of popping in to see if someone else needs help.