cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals?

Cgfitzhe1982
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve been with public for a little more then a year and a half now. And have several referrals under my belt. Just wondering how others find their referrals? I didn’t do much with it at first but public has some fantastic plans right now..... I signed up 3 people last week... I only took the referral for one as they were all family so i took the first and gave the second and third to them to help them start saving more. 

Contraxts are often a difficult thing to talk around, as well as those who like to constantly upgrade their phones. Just wondering how everyone else makes out with referrals, and if they have any possible tips they may be willing to share. Not that I’m on an expensive plan but hey if I can reduce it further I’m all for that....looks like I have one more referral coming due to the Canada and us calling option 🙂

9 REPLIES 9

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Autumn wrote:

I referred two of my coworkers. They went to Walmart to get the PM SIM cards and the Walmart guy told my coworkers that Walmart has to activate the account or they wont sell the PM SIM cards. Also the Walmart guy told that them that they cannot put in referall phone numbers. What's the deal with Walmart?

There may be some confusion about what "activation" they talk about. The Walmart mobile shop is independent of Walmart itself. Their mobile shop "activates" the SIM in the sense that it links the sale of the SIM to the Walmart receipt, but not to actually activating a line (if you don't want to). I would ask for clarification from the store about what THEY meant by "activation". I am quite certain that this is the case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Autumn, we have been hearing of many Walmart stores around the country refusing to sell Public Mobile SIM cards without activating in store.  However, I don't think anyone has reported being denied adding referrals during activation in store. 

I urge you to contact the moderator team via private message and demand that your referrals somehow be added to your accounts (we are always told that this is not possible, but in this case...).  

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Please report back her with the outcome.

@MARY_M, @Moderator_Team

..Hmmm  @Mention_someone doesn't seem to be working???

Autumn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I referred two of my coworkers. They went to Walmart to get the PM SIM cards and the Walmart guy told my coworkers that Walmart has to activate the account or they wont sell the PM SIM cards. Also the Walmart guy told that them that they cannot put in referall phone numbers. What's the deal with Walmart?

@MoreYummy wrote:

@will13am How many mice left on the sinking ship?

I lost 3 of 3 on the 2016 promo.Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

This ship rams an iceberg from time to time, but it ain't sinking any time soon.

@MoreYummy wrote:

I think last count was 16.  This included some of my own accounts.  The ship isn't sinking by the way.  Unless there was a need to be on a prepaid service, it did not make sense to stay.  The incentive to leave was good and so I encouraged everyone to consider migrating. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Cgfitzhe1982@will13am, you two are funny! I just tried to sell Public Mobile over the the free $10 to cover the SIM charge. When I first go into Public Mobile, I bought 2 Sim cards, one for me, and one for the missus. She hasn't converted as she is thrilled with Fido! I left Fido because they were charging my 'mysterious fees' which I never used before!

Am hoping, that I can convince my friend to leave Rogers and come over. I told my friend about how the loyalty rewards to pretty good.

• 1 year with Public Mobile = $1 off each month
  • 2 year with Public Mobile = $2 off each month
  • 3 year with Public Mobile = $3 off each month
  • 4 year with Public Mobile = $4 off each month
  • 5 year with Public Mobile = $5 off each month

Plus
  • If you have autopay on, that's another $2 off each month

Furthermore
  • Get $1 off for referring a friend as long as they stay with Public Mobile. So, if your referral stays with Public Mobile for 2 years, you get rewarded for 24 months! That's a coffee somewhere! Or pay parking on the street for 15 minutes!

And if you are like @will13am, or @Luddite and participate in the community, you could also get additional discounts.

But, it's the getting them to switch....

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Is this a referral phishing expedition?  My claim to fame is that I am a pretty good shopper and when I find a bargain, I become somewhat of a pied piper.  Back in fall 2016, I brought over a huge number of friends and family.  Then the Koodo migration came along and my referrals abandoned this service like mice fleeing a sinking ship.  Now I am trying to rebuild here.  So, I am waiting for the next killer deal to be released by Public Mobile.  In the mean time, if you know how I can make something out of nothing, let me know.

Need Help? Let's chat.