cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral

mgch989
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I got a text message from PM said that you will need a special code for referral starting from next week.  So if my friend needs to do it(buy the sim card and join PM asap since she doesn't have a phone number now) this week can we still use the phone number to do it?  Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

Oops!  Sorry @SD08 ... I’ve had a problem with a lens being dislodged in my eye very recently, and I will blame that for messing up.

ive tried multiple times to subscribe, and there is never a response.

About my eye issue, I’m awaiting response from doctors for my next step.. vision issues .... grrr.

Smiley Surprised  Dislodged lens...yikes.  Hope you get that healed soon.  Eyesight is precious.  Smiley Sad

Oops!  Sorry @SD08 ... I’ve had a problem with a lens being dislodged in my eye very recently, and I will blame that for messing up.

ive tried multiple times to subscribe, and there is never a response.

About my eye issue, I’m awaiting response from doctors for my next step.. vision issues .... grrr.

SD08

@stonechucker wrote:

@mimmo , I did unsubscribe... so that does explain it possibly.

@stonechucker   

First time I've been mistaken for Mimmo.  Smiley Tongue

When they eventually send the referral code as promised through sms, who knows which number they'll send it through.  If via a marketing number, then you may miss that, though I recall that Alan said the code would also be available in self-serve.  If you'd really like to have it by text as well, you might be able to put your self back on their marketing list by texting "subscribe" to 5131.  (Just until you receive it anyway, then you could always unsubscribe again.)

@mimmo , I did unsubscribe... so that does explain it possibly.

@Anonymous, that’s exactly what I’m seeing.  Referrals on my original, reffed my secondary,  currently without referrals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

I have to ask, am I the only one who hasn't got this text yet to my main account?

My other account got it on the weekend.

Nope. My recent account yes but not my year old main one. I have a couple referrals on the latter and none on the newer. The latter of course referred the newer.

SD08

@stonechucker wrote:

I have to ask, am I the only one who hasn't got this text yet to my main account?

@stonechucker 

All my accounts received the text.

Did you ever reply with "unsubscribe" to any of PM's marketing texts on your main account?  There are several numbers through which PM sends marketing type messages.  (5129, 5130, 5131, etc.)   Maybe unsubscribing from any one of those will unsubscribe from all optional texts, from any of PM's marketing numbers?  I notice that not all of PM's SMS channels include the unsubscribe option (100, 611, 7626), so there could be a distinction between informational and marketing texts when it comes to subscription.  Even though this particular text was more informational than promotional, I do see that there was an option to unsubscribe included and it did come via the 5131 number.

mgch989
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks so much for everyone's reply!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mgch989 wrote:

Hi,

I got a text message from PM said that you will need a special code for referral starting from next week.  So if my friend needs to do it(buy the sim card and join PM asap since she doesn't have a phone number now) this week can we still use the phone number to do it?  Thank you.

@mgch989  When she activates if you have received your referral number form PM via text then give her that number otherwise just give her your number.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mgch989 , your friend need not be concerned with when the activation is done.  You are the referring party.  If the referral is done before the transition to referral code, your number will be used in the referral box during activation.  Once the referral code system goes live, you will get the referral code from your account and that will be entered into the activation form.  It's all good either way. 

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes until the 24th of the month

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

yes, you still can use your phone # before you got the new referral code.

Need Help? Let's chat.