cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Program suggestion

imetz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I've been a customer of Public Mobile for about a year now switching from Koodo after about 5 years with them. It's been great experience so far. The lack of a "call center" customer service hasn't impacted me at all since the customer support has been responsive through email. And everything else has been great i.e. reception, data speed, coverage.

I just have one suggestion with the referral program.With Koodo, a referral benefits both parties. I'd get a $25 credit and the new customer will get the same amount as well. This makes it very beneficial for a new customer to use a referral code.

With Public Mobile, a referral only benefit the existing customer but not the new customer. I've been promoting Public Mobile, not for referral, but just because it is a truly great provider with great plans. However, I usually stop short of asking them to put my phone number for referral, just because it only benefits me and not the new customer. It feels like I'm promoting Public Mobile so I'll get the $1 per month discount, lol.

I think it'll be greatly beneficial for Public Mobile (and the current customer) if the referral program also has some benefit for the new customer as well. Maybe this is something that the team can consider. Especially with the new plan that was launched yesterday, this will help spreading the words out even more.

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pmobile thanks for linking that Public Labs thread.  I was planning to do that when I saw the topic of this thread, but you beat me to it.  🙂  In terms of details, I guess we have to wait a bit longer until they roll out the new program.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pmobile
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I hope they keep the rewards similar to how they are now where you get $1 off your monthly bill for as long as you are both still customers and not just give you like a $15 (or similar amount) one time referral credit.

Personally I prefer when companies reward tenure.

pmobile
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good news, they have a refresher to the referral program coming soon: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/New-referral-system-suggestion/idi-p/59178#...

I can't wait 🙂

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Hi imetz. I agree with you and other carriers in Europe provide a reward both ways. Though I don't see any need to be shy in asking your friends to provide the referral.

If you do wish the Public Mobile team to consider implementing this idea, you will need to post it under Public Lab. That is the only location that is monitored for potential ideas.

Have a great day.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.