cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reception

Bfontana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I was with Rogers before with 4g had no problem having cell service anywhere now with public and 3g my cell phone service is limited in buildings as they weren't before with Rogers any help?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@slash407 wrote:

this isnt about reception, 3g vs 4g are different types with different bandwiths, this has nothing to do with recption, sorry. 

There are certain spots also that will b weak spots with carriers, but generally speaking telus network is much more reliable than rogers, promise

I think what they were saying is that 3G and 4G/LTE come from different towers, maybe there is better reception when connected by 3G.  You definitely get more raw speed with 3G, if you can connect.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Bfontana Try setting your phone to 3G network, rather than LTE/Auto. It's what I need to do for a stable signal where I live.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to Public Mobile @Bfontana

I'd recommend you try it out for a bit, but unfortunately some individuals happen to get poor reception where they need it.

See this thread as well.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/No-service/td-p/290619

In the end you have to choose the carrier and service which works best for you. If that is Public Mobile, great, if it's something else then you are the only one who can make that decision.

Hopefully you can get a resolution or perhaps some people can give some tips to boost reception.

Bfontana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Where I used to have service I no longer do, it's a pain as my text messages won't sent 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Bfontana, Public Mobile 3G speed plans are really LTE lite.  You have access to all LTE bands on the Bellus network including 3G bands of course.  That said sometimes Rogers offers better reception in some places.  Sometimes Bellus network is better.  That said, Bellus has repurposed 850 MHz band for LTE as well as having 700 MHz band.  Indoor reception should generally be good.  

Need Help? Let's chat.