cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an text msg from pm for koodo 5gb plan

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I just received this text does anyone else received it

Public Mobile here with an exclusive offer for you. For an additional $10/month, upgrade to unlimited nation-wide minutes and get another 1GB of data at Koodo! That means you can get 5GB and unlimited nation-wide minutes for only $50/month on a Koodo monthly bill! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 smartphone on Tab! Offer valid for xxxxxxxxxx only. Offer ends September 4th, 2017. Visit your nearest Koodo location at 2206765 ONTARIO INC. and show promo code xxxxxxx You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
168 REPLIES 168

@Luddite yes it is $5 per call

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm only on a 6 gb/90 days plan and am interested. Can I get away with just quoting the promo code?

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Luddite Need more data than 2GB per month, but PM doesn't offer any attractive prices anymore

sashkan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just got this text from Public Mobile:

Public Mobile here with an exclusive offer for you. For an additional $10/month, upgrade to unlimited nation-wide minutes and get another 1GB of data at Koodo! That means you can get 5GB and unlimited nation-wide minutes for only $50/month on a Koodo monthly bill! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 smartphone on Tab! Offer valid for xxx-xxx-xxxx only. Offer ends September 4th, 2017. Visit your nearest Koodo location at Koodo Store / The Promenade and show promo code KOODO505GB. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

I am actually happy with PM plan. For those who are looking for more data just give a try and visit a Koodo Store with the promo code.

Harvir_K
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok thank you. I am considering to get it.

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Harvir_K wrote:

Do they do a credit check

would imagine yes; like all postpaid carriers

Harvir_K

Do they do a credit check

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I know koodo is trying to push everone to do things via selfserve as they are charging people set summs of money ie $10 to make plan changes) if you make call the call centre.  

so who knows PM might be the model that koodo follows.

@Luddite wrote:

All the changes and weird promos are certainly disquieting. However, I am quite sanguine about PM's fate. My thinking is that Koodo is more at risk than PM because it is effectively just a low priced version of Telus whereas PM is developing a unique approach. Robot Very Happy

Besides, I know of a similar model offered in the UK that has been incredibly successful in a much more competitive market place.

Don't worry, be happy. Take the deal that you love the most. Robot LOL

All the changes and weird promos are certainly disquieting. However, I am quite sanguine about PM's fate. My thinking is that Koodo is more at risk than PM because it is effectively just a low priced version of Telus whereas PM is developing a unique approach. Robot Very Happy

Besides, I know of a similar model offered in the UK that has been incredibly successful in a much more competitive market place.

Don't worry, be happy. Take the deal that you love the most. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@CalvinW wrote:
Didn't get the offer , but considering the switch. Not satisfied with PM so far

Hey @CalvinW. Would be saddened to see to you depart. What's up? General  disappointment, or specific unresolved issue?

What province is everybody that is getting this live in.  I haven't gotten this out in BC.  Looks like a good plan if that is what you need.  The 4GB  I have now is more then plenty for me and I have only used 63 minutes of LD in 90 months so thr Canada wide calling isn't a draw for me either.  Then take into account the rewards sorry not changing even if I do get a message.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CalvinW
Didn't get the offer , but considering the switch. Not satisfied with PM so far

@Luddite I will tune in to RFD to see what happens, this plan is good ,but not good enough to change us (well at least me)

pakmode

There is alot of buzz and chatter about this topic on RFD as well.  

Let's see how many people Telus gets to actually switch over to postpaid - my guess would be not that many.

shawnie_boy

@Luddite wrote:

@shawnie_boy wrote:

I urge everyone who gets this not to switch. Koodo can offer you better. PM wants you to abandon the best plan that exists in Canada currently. Don't let them. Wait for Koodo to offer better.

More likley "Telus wants you to abandon ...". Pretty certain PM would be happy for everyone to stay here.

Yes true, I figured all were same company in the end. 

@zhadj030 wrote:
@smp99 I always use my full data by the end of the 90 days and I havent received this offer

Try visiting your nearest Koodo shop and quote promo code "Koodo505GB". Let us know what happens.

@shawnie_boy wrote:

I urge everyone who gets this not to switch. Koodo can offer you better. PM wants you to abandon the best plan that exists in Canada currently. Don't let them. Wait for Koodo to offer better.

More likley "Telus wants you to abandon ...". Pretty certain PM would be happy for everyone to stay here.

shawnie_boy

@shawnie_boy I am afraid that there might indeed be something being cooked for the promo people . it is still not promo people wide yet and not everyone have received it, and nothing is being announced yet so I am waiting for some announcements now

peosteve
They probably give you the stand location closest to your home address. Mine is less than 1km away...

@smp99 I always use my full data by the end of the 90 days and I havent received this offer

peosteve
That's what I'm on, and I received the text. So, we end up with 5gb/m of data and nationwide calling, rather than province-wide calling. Not sure the 25% increase is worthwhile...

smp99

For those getting the text, are you using up most of your 12gb of data?  I'm trying to figure out who they are going after.

I use about 30% of my data allotment. I have not received anything as of yet.

shawnie_boy

I do think this offer is a sign of things to come with PM. It is obvious PM and Telus have some secret plan here. They tried to get a pile of people over to the Telus family using the 4gb/$38 plan. Ultimately, PM will switch to being a 3g carrier only so these offers likely something we will see more of moving forward. PM will try to get everyone off the $38/4gb plan which is fine for them as long as they go to Koodo. Honestly if Koodo offered me 4.5gb for $40 I would go there and leave my community bonus and autopay behind, since koodo offers a bit more services. We shall see what the future holds for PM, but right now not looking good. 

@kav2001c Koodo used to charge $5 for any support call related to any item available on self-serve. Has that changed?

weird. Im on the fall promo, and havent seen a message like this yet. It is an interesting offer

@Elise_H
Thx for updating 5
I think it's a great plan if someone moved by byod. Or small tab.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Elise_H
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The plan is available on BYOD, Tab S and Tab M. Some devices may only be available on a specific Tab!

@Samianauman Look for my post on getting the "subsidy" on a Koodo phone.

hopetindall

@Luddite wrote:

@hopetindall As always the key is your usage pattern. If you regularly need 5 GB/month then it's likely worth it. Otherwise you pay more with no gain.

Agreed @Luddite

I also think the 'use your 12GB anytime during the 90 days' is a plus for those with uneven monthly usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.