cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really, Telus?!

I know this is a Public Mobile specific forum, but since Telus owns Public Mobile, I hope we never see any nonsense like this in the future:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/07/26/telus-enrolling-prepaid-pay-per-use-subscribers-into-3-month-plan...

$0.60/mimute overages, $0.50 per text message?

$3/month for 5 minutes?

LOL

*shakes my head*

12 REPLIES 12

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Now Telus prepaid plans with greater than $300 balance are forced on a $10 plan with 500 minutes and 50 out-going text. My son's phone is on that plan.

bilal684
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I hope they don't raise the prices here at public mobile...

Oh just price increase

I know back in the old days some people (who kept topping up) ended up with hundreds in balance on prepay lines (those $0 with 0 minute plans you refer to)

Balances get so huge because they never used phones but then were terrified to cancel or miss a top up and lose all thier money

So from that side I actually think the $3 is safer for them (as they can never miss a payment and never lose balance)

@kav2001c wrote:

@computergeek541considering the cheapest plan they show on homepage is $10 (50 mins and 50 txt) what is wrong with the $3 hold plan?

I assume people just use that to keep a phone number active

They are forcing peiiple on old pay-per-use $0/month customers to take this (unless user makes a plan change).  I fully  realize that these customers do need to make top ups to keep the account active, and that it usually did cost more than $3/month to keep active, but this change means that when these subscribers do choose to use their phones, the account balance will run down faster.  At one point, some of these customers would have had a $0.20 or $0.25/minute rate with no mandatory $3 plan charge. Soon, all these calls will be billed at $0.60/minute.

GreatCanadian

Not referring to those. There are plenty here who signed up online and then complain about no call center. There are numerous examples. Irks me to no end!!

GC 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541considering the cheapest plan they show on homepage is $10 (50 mins and 50 txt) what is wrong with the $3 hold plan?

I assume people just use that to keep a phone number active

@GreatCanadianwith the Walmart factor in particular not everyone sees online first

@GreatCanadian wrote:

Especially when it's clearly written on the Public Mobile home page for all to see. You know, where you would be right before signing up!

GC 

GreatCanadian

@will13am wrote:

People, please think hard before complaining about why there are no stores to visit or anyone to call when there is something wrong with the service.  .

Especially when it's clearly written on the Public Mobile home page for all to see. You know, where you would be right before signing up!

GC 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Aside from maintaining the network, it is very expensive to keep the entire retail network going.  Ever price the cost of retailing.  This is why I like the online model so much.  It is what will prevent $1.20 per minute phone calls in this service.  People, please think hard before complaining about why there are no stores to visit or anyone to call when there is something wrong with the service.  There are much cheaper strategies to deal with the angst.

dna2016

HAAAAAAAAAAAA, that's hilarious.  $3 for 5 minutes.  That's insane, and then the overage charges are just even more insane.  Wow, they really want people to get away from prepaid.  Well I guess these customers will be more likely to join PM and get that $10 plan, lol.  This is just crazy, and it's only a matter of time before Rogers and Bell follows.

Thanks for sharing @computergeek541

JL9
Mayor / Maire

🤔....really trying to push post paid more and more it seems like.

Need Help? Let's chat.