cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready-Made Plans vs Build Your Plan

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

I could have sworn that one can see the Build Your Plan and match it up against the Ready-Made Plans and still get the same deal. With the limited plans promotions on the 30-day deal, it's about $5 cheaper plus an added bonus data compared the Build Your Plan. 

I know could change my plan, but I like the less hassle of 90-days than 30-days. It's too bad because the $40 for 30 days for a total of 5Gigs of data trumps my 2.5 Gig data for $40 per month for 90-days.

Sigh.

6 REPLIES 6

@dna2016, Public Mobile receives more money on the 90-day plans before they get the money for 3 30-day plans.  The money is always paid up front on the service, so spreading the money over 3x30 day cycles takes longer to collect.  By your logic, pushing the 90-day cycles would put more money in the Public Mobile bank accounts faster.

EDIT : Sorry... the previous two posts were not there when I loaded this thread.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13, good point, and I forgot that there are no refunds, I was thinking that let's say after 30 days you decided this service wasn't for you and you switched to another company, I was thinking that PM would refund the advanced payments, but then I just realized that they don't refund which is the same as any other prepaid service.  So yes you're right, getting 90 days pre-paid is better than 30days considering once it comes in it can never go out.

@dna2016 wrote:

@mpcdesign, ya 30 day plans is definitely the focus now.  There's less confusion for customers, since all customers coming in are used to a 30 day.  I can only imagine the amount of "confusion complaints" that MODS had to deal with because people didn't understand the 90 day system.  So by moving to 30 days you'll definitely have less complaints for MODS to handle. 

Also from a business stand point it's better to have steady payments coming in as opposed to every 90 days.  Quicker it comes in quicker you can allocate towards other lines within the business.  Think if you had your own business, although the total is the same, wouldn't you prefer getting money in every 30 days, as opposed to having to wait 90 days.  Also in regards to investment income, some companies, use additional funds to invest to obtain additional capital, again it's better for this money to come in sooner (every 30 days), than later (every 90 days) so you can allocate accordingly.

@dna2016true the payments may come in only every 90 days but remember that is a prepayment where you haven't had to put any expenses against that service yet.  So you are getting money for 90 days in advance over just 30.  If anything the 90 day plans create more cash on hand for the company that is a prepaid service than the 30 days.  So if you were the business wouldn't you like your customers paying for 90 days all at once and you haven't had to put any expenses towards providing the service yet?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mpcdesign, ya 30 day plans is definitely the focus now.  There's less confusion for customers, since all customers coming in are used to a 30 day.  I can only imagine the amount of "confusion complaints" that MODS had to deal with because people didn't understand the 90 day system.  So by moving to 30 days you'll definitely have less complaints for MODS to handle. 

Also from a business stand point it's better to have steady payments coming in as opposed to every 90 days.  Quicker it comes in quicker you can allocate towards other lines within the business.  Think if you had your own business, although the total is the same, wouldn't you prefer getting money in every 30 days, as opposed to having to wait 90 days.  Also in regards to investment income, some companies, use additional funds to invest to obtain additional capital, again it's better for this money to come in sooner (every 30 days), than later (every 90 days) so you can allocate accordingly.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It has been well over a year that the focus has been switched to 30 day plans.  The rationale was that people were confused by the 90 day plans.  Many thought the data allotment is for 30 days, so you get 3x the stated allotment over a 90 day period.  With the bonus data and plan improvements, a lot of the advantages of a data bucket lasting 90 days has been lost. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

I heard they are trying to stear everyone to the 30 day plans instead of the 90 day ones as it's more in line with other companies and easier for customers to remember.

Need Help? Let's chat.