cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate SIM card after 90 days

Scmy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was traveling and forgot that my credit card number that is linked to my public mobile account for autopay was expired so I didn’t get a chance to set up autopay with another credit card.  Unfortunately it’s now passed 90 days after my account was deactivated.  Is it possible to reactivate my precious number? Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The SIM card is deactivated after 90-days and PM will not re-activate it.  It's not impossible, but it's not done.

PM is most likely using a 90-day return to pool for the phone number; thus, for the 90-day deactivation period.

To get your phone number back:

- get another SIM ASAP and try to search for your number back upon activation

- if not available; try calling it and see if it's been re-assigned

- if not, try sending a private message to see if someone internally can help you out

- if yes, explain the situation to the other person on the line your situation and see if you can work out a deal to get it back (I've known someone to purchase a lost business number back for $100.)

uma1016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

if you are planning to get a new sim and plan, I think you would be happy to know that there is a great $25 plan that you can subscribe too

$25 30-days
3G
  • 500 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • + BONUS 500 MB with AutoPay
  • UNLIMITED Talk Canada-wide
  • UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging
  • VOICEMAIL & Call Displa

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Scmy wrote:

I was traveling and forgot that my credit card number that is linked to my public mobile account for autopay was expired so I didn’t get a chance to set up autopay with another credit card.  Unfortunately it’s now passed 90 days after my account was deactivated.  Is it possible to reactivate my precious number? Thanks in advance!

Cards inactive for 90 days or more cannot be re-activated. No exceptions allowed so you need to purchase a new SIM and start over.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Scmy wrote:

The account is gone forever and can't be reopened.  If you can get number back depends on if someone else has taken it.  You can try but no promises.  No matter what, you would need new sim card and account to try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scmy wrote:

That is unfortunate for your precious number.

As above...no. It's gone.

Made especially more difficult if you ported the number from a different provider somewhere along the way.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Scmy wrote:

Unfortunately...you'll have to get a new sim and a new account. Welcome back.

Need Help? Let's chat.