cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-activate my account

Celohobi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please how do I reactivate my public mobile number, It’s been inactive for a while

26 REPLIES 26

@Macdonald08 what's the message that you get when you log into your self service account or dial 611 from your phone?  Thanks. Stay safe. 

Macdonald08

My phone has been active. I have been paying my bill and all of a sudden it’s telling me it’s inactive

Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnschwenk wrote:

So I can't use the same email address??? That seems odd...???

It is odd. I guess they use it as a primary key to you. Maybe you could create another valid email address and then ask them to change the old account to that and then you could use your normal address.

Maybe.

You can only use one email and phone# per sim.

johnschwenk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I can't use the same email address??? That seems odd...???

@johnschwenk  your account was closed. You have to restart with a new email, SIM and account. 

Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if required:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Welcome back. Stay safe. 

Sorry to hear about your situation.  After 90 days if no payment then your account gets deacitvated.  You would need to purchase a new sim and setup a new account using a different email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnschwenk 

Your SIM and account are dead. You will need a new SIM and a new unique email address. Welcome back.

johnschwenk

My account was deactivated about 8 months ago, but I still have my SIM card. I lost my job due to COVIS and I would like to come back to Public, and port my number over from Rogers. When I try to activate the SIM, I am getting an error message. Can you help please?

Thanks!

John

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can use recharge.com or ding.com to make a payment.  There would be a service charge.

@Mychelle wrote:

Will I be able purchase vouchers on the site or elsewhere? A prepaid gift card may be the next best thing just don't wish to have my credit card stored for the monthly payment why I have not set up autopay.

@Mychelle 

You can buy a payment voucher online via services like recharge.com or ding.com and then pay via self service account or dealing 611.  There is a service charge fee though.  

No all prepaid card can be used for autopay though.  You need to shop around. 

@Mychelle wrote:

Will I be able purchase vouchers on the site or elsewhere? A prepaid gift card may be the next best thing just don't wish to have my credit card stored for the monthly payment why I have not set up autopay.

You should be able to buy payment voucher at alot of retail outlets...Shell gas has them. You can also use on-line services like ding.com or recharge.com.

How long has your account been inactive ? If it's been longer than 90 days since the last plan renewed...you'd need a new sim and start a new account as the old one would be closed out for good.

@Mychelle  is you debit card a visa debit one? If it is you can add that to your account insteaad of your  Credit card. Thanks..

If you are fearful as we all are of your number being ported wihout your consent, you may put any fictional name there to prevent this from happening. Ie Willie Wonkers.

Unfortunately the site doesnt sell vouchers. If you don't want to run into the store, every time to get them, consider buying 2 to 3 months at one time. Load it on and the plan will take the required amount automatically each due date.

Mychelle

Mychelle

I have logged into self serve several times to make a payment with my debit card still unable to do so. It has been 6 days of inactivity on my account. *611 and 800 number are automated so that was not helpful. Since I can log into self serve on the site I should be able to make payments myself correct?

Seahorse03

Yes, over  90 days you will have to order a new SIM card and basically open up a new account.

You can order the SIM card from public mobile website or from amazon.ca . They cost from $5-10, not sure how much it is currently. The price changes, if you go to the store it’s free but all stores are closed.  Normally it takes 3-5days to be delivered. After you receive the SIM card and its instructions, follow the instructions to activate a new account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mychelle wrote:

I am tying for a second time to make a payment to reactivate my account and still unable to do so. My information has not changed since I opened my account. What can be done at this point? I do not want to use autopay but need to be able to make payments myself and not going into the store each time to activate my plan. Can someone assist?

How long has your account been suspended? If more than 90 days then the account is closed.

What happens when you call 611?

You can buy vouchers online also. Costs a little more for fees but they're kinda convenient.

You can also buy those prepaid "credit" card gift cards and set up autopay. You could continue to use vouchers if you like. Either way you get the free 2 bucks. That card could even have a zero balance.

@Mychelle wrote:

I am tying for a second time to make a payment to reactivate my account and still unable to do so. My information has not changed since I opened my account. What can be done at this point? I do not want to use autopay but need to be able to make payments myself and not going into the store each time to activate my plan. Can someone assist?

Are you trying to pay by cc or voucher? Has your account expired? Has it been more than 90 days since you have used it? Can you log into self service  or dial 611? If it has been inactive for more than 90 days your account would be closed and you will have to buy a new sim and go through the activation process. You would have lost your number if it had been closed.

Missed Payments

If you miss a payment due date, your account will be put into a suspended state, meaning you will be unable to use your phone services. You will have up to 90 days to make a payment, and after doing so your payment cycle with restart and your service will resume. After 90 days, suspended accounts are permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.

Mychelle

@Celohobi wrote:

How do I get a new sim for the 30day plan

You will need to purchase online or through one of the retail locations.  You will no longer have access to your old number you will need to get a new number.

https://store.publicmobile.ca/collections/all

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Celohobi wrote:

You can order one online from here or Amazon. I'm not sure stores are selling them these days but maybe they do. Maybe they just won't activate.

Edit: and thanks to the Oracle that moved this to its own thread. Incredible how many new questions were added to that thread

Celohobi

Celohobi

Yes it’s more than 90days.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Celohobi wrote:

Please how do I reactivate my public mobile number, It’s been inactive for a while

How long has it been inactive?  If it has been over 90 days you will need a new sim and to set up a new account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Celohobi wrote:

How long's "a while"? If your account was in suspended state for more than 90 days then it's gone.

If less then just pay up and start a new 30 day term.

Need Help? Let's chat.