cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Top Contributors - August 2019.....post disappeared

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I posted a congratulatory thank you on this page and it disappeared?!! No longer in my profile or threads. Anyone else have this happen? I can rewrite.....but strange.

5 REPLIES 5

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

I posted a congratulatory thank you on this page and it disappeared?!! No longer in my profile or threads. Anyone else have this happen? I can rewrite.....but strange.

I have had it happen when I was first here where for some reason the SPAM filter would pick up some word or combination of word and move it to an area that needed mods to approve the post or remove it from the spam folder (can't remember) for it to show in the general community.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@SD08 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Did you happen to edit it many times within a short period?  Doing so can trigger a spam filter.  There may have been a character combo you included that triggered the filter anyway. 

Also, sometimes when I have typed unusual character combinations or included tags or links that were not quite right, it gives me an error when I try to post, and my post disappears.

Almost ready to accept as the solution I was just hoping I would get a few more people to chime in on their experiences... there was someone having it happen a couple of weeks ago when he included images. I had it happen with a very long post it disappeared as I tried to post. 3/4 of it appeared in my profile under saved ? posts near the bravo section.  Unless anyone else has something to say that checkmark will appear soon....

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's really strange, that's never happened to me before, or at least I never noticed. I'm going to keep a close eye on my posts from now on.

I made one spelling mistake edit...it was up for an hour or so. Read by about 10 people bravoed a few times and "*poof*" just gone! Darn in was a thoughtful post....now I have to recreate it and it never comes out as well the second time around....thanks for the response I didn't want to think I was crazy and I know @Jb456  read it for sure. I'll say a personal thank you to you as well now...

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

Did you happen to edit it many times within a short period?  Doing so can trigger a spam filter.  There may have been a character combo you included that triggered the filter anyway. 

Also, sometimes when I have typed unusual character combinations or included tags or links that were not quite right, it gives me an error when I try to post, and my post disappears.

Need Help? Let's chat.