cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Phone not working

andrzejszkura
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone does not allow me to make calls.

It worked before and just stopped few days ago and there is a lot of minutes

It give me this message: "this call is not covered by your plan"

Thank you

edited by computergeek541: account information removed

40 REPLIES 40

@andrzejszkura wrote:

Yes, I am on $15 plan. I barely used may be 2 minutes.

I rebooted the phone and removed/put back the SIM card.

It is on Auto Pay, so there is enough money.

Yes, I dial +1, area code, phone number (it worked bedore just fine).

@andrzejszkura 

Login your account (or dial 611 from your phone) to check your account status.

Please don't assume that your account status is active because AutoPay is enabled. PM billing can sometimes fail.

What is your account status?

If your account is suspended or expired, do you see a button to Reactivate service?

If yes, click on it to try to make a manual payment.

If all is well, your account should return to active status.

Reboot your phone if needed.

It is likely you will not hear back from a moderator til morning. If you really need your phone and you have tried the other suggestions to get your calling working you can try the lost/stolen trick but it comes with its own consequences. Firstly what happens when you call your number? Does it go straight to voicemail? And does your texting and data work? If yes, yes and yes.

You can possibly get your calling feature to work by logging in to your account. Report your phone lost. Log out. Wait 10 minutes. Log in. Report found. Log out. Reboot phone. Can you make a call? Be forewarned doing this will cause any rewards you have to not be applied upon renewal. You will have to contact the moderators to have them applied manually. Consider this before choosing to try this method that may or may not work depending on what is actually causing the problem with your calling feature....however it has worked in the past for some.

Do you have another phone to test your SIM in?  If you are getting a message your phone is still working. You may just need the moderators to check if something is not working in your account.

andrzejszkura

It is VERY old LG flip phone, but it worked for a while.

andrzejszkura

Yes, I am on $15 plan. I barely used may be 2 minutes.

I rebooted the phone and removed/put back the SIM card.

It is on Auto Pay, so there is enough money.

Yes, I dial +1, area code, phone number (it worked bedore just fine).

@andrzejszkura  Are you on the $15 plan? If yes can you confirm you still have minutes left in your account? Have you recently had a renewal since losing your calling? Can you still text and use data? What happens when you call your number? Can you recieve calls?

Have you rebooted your phone? Tried toggling airplane mode on for a few minutes and off again? If nothing works and this has not happened right after renewal contact the moderators for assistance by clicking on the (?)at the bottom right of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon explaining your issue to the moderators. Type in human or rep and choose account related issue and follow the prompts to explain your issue and submit a ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number will pop up indicating a message from the moderators thru your private message box. Responding promptly to messages will speed up your service times.

Are you dialing (1) before the number? What happens if you remain on the line after the message finishes...does it connect your call?

Thanks everyone for pointing me to this.  A new thread has been created and the person's information has been removed.

Dolphin1: When quoting, please remove such information from the the quote.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 Please edit the posts by @andrzejszkura and @Dolphin1 

to remove name and account info. Thanks!

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@andrzejszkura  You should edit your post A.S.A.P. (by clicking on the 3 dots in the upper, right corner of your post, and choosing the "Edit" function), and take out the personal info(full name & account number), because this is a public forum, and ANYBODY can see that info.

That, and you should have started a new thread, since this one has been started by someone else with a different problem.

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@andrzejszkura wrote:

My phone does not allow me to make calls.

It worked before and just stopped few days ago and there is a lot of minutes

It give me this message: "this call is not covered by your plan"

Thank you

This is a public form you should not put your account number and name in a post.

Clicking on the 3 dots in the upper, right corner of your post, and choosing the "Edit" function to remove this information.

Need Help? Let's chat.