cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Over payment charged !!!

Absolutely not. My Credit card was accessed thru PMS site.  I'm sure because it was 2 days before I clued in that someone used it to buy data  on my account. 

Given that 2 days had passed and the only bogus charges to my CC was for that 2 gig of data I'm darn sure of where the hack occurred. Or, it was perpetrated by the world's stupid crook.

Mayor / Maire

@dmacdougallI guess you haven't heard of dress rehearsal attacks before, basically they could be verifying whether your information is still applicable in an innoculous manner (which is probably worse scenario than you had described because that means the perpetrators have more than just your credit card but also your browsing behavior). I highly recommend you check your devices and internet routers for issues and patches.. you probably want to reset all your passwords and credit card after you had fumagated.

But since you are absolutely sure it is Public Mobile's problem, carry on your slandering.

Highlighted

Slander, I think not. They've admitted that they were hacked. Further, if you think it thru  you'd be hard pressed to find a crook who would be so stupid as to have my CC# for 2 days and not charge up the card.   The fact is they hacked PM only. If they had access thru my devices, my CC would have neen raped. BTW what's with the attitude?  Do you own shares in Telus?

Finally,  I've only pointed out the facts here. PM dropped the ball on this one and then they played radio silence for 9 days. Also, didn't  you take this blame the victim tact with another member awhile back.

Mayor / Maire

@dmacdougall wrote:

They've admitted that they were hacked.

@dmacdougall they have?  I just read this whole thread front to back and I don't see you mention that PM has even responded, let alone admitting they've been hacked.  Did I miss something??

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Well after 9 days I thought it was a dream. Anyway,  After I pointed them at it, yes they did. I'm going to called this solved. BTWThey referred it to thier fraud department.